Who do you like more? Eberle is playing with McDavid again, but who knows how long that will last. His shooting % is way down this year, and he had a down year last year as well production wise. Monahan is still super young, but is on pace for only around 50 pts when he had 60+ the past 2 years. I have Eberle, most likely just for the rest of the year, and another team has Monahan, but he is interested in trading back for Eberle if I send a 2018 pick as well (3rd rounder).

Eberle currently has a 2 year contract, but I got him in a trade this year with other pieces, so I don't need to keep him at the end of the year, a buy-out option is there (50 $ for 1 yr) if i'm unable to trade him. Monahan is currently a 3 year guy, so he could potentially be a keeper for me, or I could just flip him after the season, but I'm just not sure I want to be saddled with 2 more years after this one, and keeping him over a guy like Hedman who I drafted this year, or Wheeler, who I could sign if I don't do that with Hedman. Wheeler is a bit older though, and I still prefer him as a short slot guy, so I can only bring him back if I end up moving either Hall or MacK before next season, since they will occupy my 2 and 1 year slots respectively.

Is grabbing Monahan for the rest of the season, sacrificing the draft pick and taking the risk with him worth it, or better to just bite the bullet with Eberle and forget about Monahan? My worry with Monahan if no one will take him and I don't want to keep his contract is I'll have 2 yrs to buy out of.

3rd rounders from this past draft: Lucic, Jones, Radulov, Weber, Krejci, Zibanejad, Barrie, Sharp, Hedman, Trocheck, Bishop, Brassard, Crawford, Allen.

I will have some other pieces i'll have to move that I can potentially get picks for, with the likes of Huberdeau expiring, Domi who was my rookie carry-over into this year, but I don't think has proven enough to sign to 1 or 2 years at this point - which is what our rookie contract rules allow for, and so on. I can still only carry 4 keepers into next year: as of right now, it'll be Kuzy (3), Hall (2), MacKinnon (1) and my 4th keeper slot is up for grabs.

My only options as of right now would have been to sign Domi to 1 or 2 (not willing to do that), sign Wheeler to 4 (seems a bit long still) or sign Hedman to 4 (undecided if I would do that). I think a lot of what I will do will depend on who I can grab the most value for in the off-season, that's probably who I'll move. So if a great offer comes along for Wheeler, I'll move him and improve my draft, and just keep Hedman for instance.