Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help acquiring Trouba

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Need help acquiring Trouba

Triplea14 - he's likely in rebuild mode and would reject the offer including Steen and/or Hossa with Faulk but I could try that.

Dobber Sports Stud

Bracco and Faulk. And a 2nd
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Ace

i'm the other gm and like the other gm i have great hope on trouba and girard that why there not on my trade block but have tell that gm that i'm pissed off since i receive many offer that i consider too low for what i already have ... i'm not interest in dealing them !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Okay so I sent Faulk/Steen for Trouba/Girard - denied. I sent Faulk/Bracco/2018 1st for Trouba/Girard/2017 2nd - denied.

Just sent two more offers, the Bracco one above only with him not sending the 2nd rounder back. And Faulk/Bracco/Mathieu Joseph for Trouba/Girard

- - - Updated - - -

These offers are not low balls by any stretch of the imagination

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just for reference: this GM just traded away Boone Jenner, Martin Hanzal and Ryan Suter for Ryan O'Reilly, Jason Demers, Kenny Agostino and 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd and 2018 3rd. That's a considerable haul for O'Reilly and a bunch of 'meh'...

Yet Faulk for Trouba is an upsettingly low return to him...

I'm offering 1st round pick and top tier prospect plus an All-Star defenseman and my offers are too low, give me a break

Administrator

Your job is to make your team better, not to target your favorite players at any cost. Trouba probably makes your team better although I'd argue in this case you're already overpaying because Faulk is very good as well. You can also make your team better by targeting a number of other options out there which will likely cost you a fraction of what you're paying here.

- - - Updated - - -

Your job is to make your team better, not to target your favorite players at any cost. Trouba probably makes your team better although I'd argue in this case you're already overpaying because Faulk is very good as well. You can also make your team better by targeting a number of other options out there which will likely cost you a fraction of what you're paying here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It is funny how quickly you were to say Werenski is untouchable and that you are unable to imagine Trouba could be the same for the other owner.

The last thing I would like to add is that I doubt you are doing your team any goods by publicly judging the trades made by the other gm.

- - - Updated - - -

It is funny how quickly you were to say Werenski is untouchable and that you are unable to imagine Trouba could be the same for the other owner.

The last thing I would like to add is that I doubt you are doing your team any goods by publicly judging the trades made by the other gm.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

- - - Updated - - -

He can do what he wants ants lol. It's supposed to be fun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Werenski has 18 PPP in 58 career games, Trouba has 15 PPP in 258 career games. 3 more career power play points in 200 less games.

Trouba has never eclipsed 30 points in a season, Werenski has 36 through 58 games in his 19 year old season.

The players are hardly comparable and entirely different molds of defenseman.

For additional reference, Faulk has eclipsed 30 points his last 3 seasons: '13-'14: 5g27a for 32p and 8PPP in 76 GP, '14-'15: 15g34a for 49p and 20 PPP in 82GP, '15-'16: 16g21a for 37p and 17PPP in 64GP.

This season he has struggled with injury and that has caused him to not find his consistency, but beside the +/- stat Faulk is a stud fantasy D man in G, A, SOG, PPP and sprinkles in reasonable totals of Hits/Blocks. He's being criminaly underrated by the other GM apparently

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe the other GM simply likes Trouba, just like you do. Or maybe he sees that you're willing to pay through the nose for him, so he's milking that for all its worth. Either way, it's his asset to do with as he pleases. He doesn't owe you anything.

I'm not saying don't pursue Trouba, or even to not overpay to get a guy you want, but being frustrated that another GM values the same asset as much or more than you doesn't make a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the other GM simply likes Trouba, just like you do. Or maybe he sees that you're willing to pay through the nose for him, so he's milking that for all its worth. Either way, it's his asset to do with as he pleases. He doesn't owe you anything.

I'm not saying don't pursue Trouba, or even to not overpay to get a guy you want, but being frustrated that another GM values the same asset as much or more than you doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What doesn't make a lot of sense is that a GM with a team that's in self-proclaimed rebuild mode would move major assets such as Jenner (who's only 23), Hanzal and Suter (who are clearly older and he was correct in moving) for essentially a lateral move to acquire O'Reilly (26 - I see Jenner as similar in a few years), some place holders and some low draft picks. Certainly didn't cash in on the full value of Suter at all, and didnt gain anything that would help him accrue younger assets and build towards the future, which is what he told me he was trying to do with his team. He didn't go after any of the top prospects or 1st round picks on the other team...

Now here I am offering a similar lateral move with a Trouba/Faulk swap, and offering a top tier prospect (willing to do up to 2) and a 1st round pick and somehow that's a low offer... That's what makes little sense