Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help acquiring Trouba

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need help acquiring Trouba

So I've got an extremely stubborn GM in one of my pools who will not relinquish Trouba to me in a deal of any magnitude it seems. I've offered him Jimmy Vesey (who I've since traded) Justin Faulk, Juuse Saros and many other very attractive pieces. I'm starting to think he's just messing with me, but I really want to get Trouba. I own him in all my other pools and he's like one of my favorite players in the NHL today to watch.

It's gonna take quite an overpayment and I'm willing to do it, but I need the help of this community to decide what's too high and what's still in the realm of an acceptable deal.

So it's a 20 team dynasty league (no salary cap) and we have 25 active roster and 25 minors. H2H winner take all style scoring. Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, Hits and Blocks. Goalies: W, SV%, GAA and Shutouts.

My team:
    C: Kesler, Stepan, Bonino
    LW: Pacioretty, Skinner, Steen
    RW: Hossa, Vanek, Eaves
    F: Gaborik, Larkin
    D: Werenski, Faulk, H. Lindholm, Daley, Stecher, Dumoulin
    G: Bobrovsky
    BN: Hagelin, Bjorkstrand, Ladue, Connor Murphy, Anton Forsberg, Korpisalo, Saros

Minors: Henrik Borgstrom, Adam Gaudette, Patrick Harper, Luke Kunin, Troy Terry, Colin White, Anders Bjork, Kyle Connor, Jordan Greenway, Vladislav Kamenev, Kirill Kaprizov, Brock Boeser, Jeremy Bracco, Christian Fischer, Mathieu Jospeh, Cliff Pu, Connor Hobbs, Caleb Jones, Charlie McAvoy, Philippe Myers, Travis Sanheim, Jake Walman, Kyle Wood, Ilya Sorokin

His Team:
    C: O'Reilly, Bozak, Ryan Strome
    LW: Hoffman, Zucker, Hyman
    RW: Ryan, Pominville, Toffoli
    F: Nyquist, Beauvillier
    D: Reilly, Trouba, Demers, DeKeyser, Stephen Johns, Connor Carrick
    G: Lehner
    BN: Jaskin, Pirri, Sheahan, Darling, Grubauer, Lehtonen
    IR: Despres, Jonathan Ericsson

Minors: Ivan Barnashev, Nick Merkley, Alan Quine, Pavel Zacha, Nikolay Goldobin, Nikita Gusev, Michael Mersch, Tyler Motte, Tanner Kero, Patrick Russell, Kenny Agostino, Lawson Crouse, Ethan Bear, Samuel Girard, Kevin Gravel, Petteri Lindbohm, Ryan Pulock, Matthew O'Connor, Ilya Samsonov, Matej Tomek

So I really want Trouba and Girard, so what can I package with my last remaining pick (2018 1st rounder) to land those 2 off his team. I tried with Faulk, Murphy and a 1st and I think he denied it like right away.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. I've been trying for months now to get Trouba and/or Girard off this guy and he won't budge. He also never responds to my PMs or sends a counter or any kind of feedback. I might be pissing in the wind here but I figured maybe someone else had a smart idea. Thanks in advance for your help, I need Trouba!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Need help acquiring Trouba

Not worth the effort in my mind. No Matter the size of the bromance
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not giving up/in, this guy is gonna trade me Trouba if it's the last thing I do damn it! Hahaha

Dobber Sports Stud

Play with your head not your heart. Lol

Motte and trouba for eaves and Daley

- - - Updated - - -

Play with your head not your heart. Lol

Motte and trouba for eaves and Daley
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That's well off target and I don't care for Motte.

The deal I'm looking to complete is Trouba and Girard for Player A, Player B + 1st Round Pick (with possible toss in prospect to make it happen)

Im playing for keeps... Literally. This is a dynasty league, we literally keep all players LOL

Administrator

How not to win fantasy leagues...

Terrible mindset to be so obsessed with one player. Stop it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm not gonna win anyways, not gonna make the playoffs. Do you see how stocked my minors are Eric... I'm preparing for the future here, my D Corp is so slack, need someone there beside Werenski.

Willing to give Faulk for Trouba but he doesn't seem to be into that

Administrator

Rebuilding and having a "stocked" minors doesn't mean anything. If you make bad trades you'll be one of the many forever rebuilding teams.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How is acquiring a multi cat stud D man and a budding star in the league a bad trade? In 3 years the Jets team is gonna be so loaded. Also I think Girard is gonna be amazing.

So far I've only gotten one trade offer suggestion. What's the highest maximum offer you'd consider reasonable for Trouba and Girard? That's essentially my question here which was stated in my opening two stanzas...

Moving forward this thread should contain suggestions of the highest price you'd willingly pay from my team to acquire these players, not just calling into question my reasonings for trading for said players...

Also Eric for your information the trades I complete are never bad trades, I'd be willing to send you my full resume of all trades completed this season in all pools complete with cover letter, you can even grade me if you want. But I've markedly improved my roster and prospects cupboard in all pools this year. Just wanna get Trouba in this pool that's all, I like his multi cat usefulness.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Here is my two cents on your position :

First, when I consider a trade, I try to look at the reasons to do the deal for both teams. What are the reason for the other GM to do the deal. How does it help his team ? If you cannot answer the question or if your answer is sketchy, you know why he refuses.

Second, you seem really high on Trouba and you might be right, maybe he is going to be a stud in a few years but maybe your trade partner feels the same about him. If it is the case, you have to replace a stud by a stud.

Third, if the players you offer him are so superior to the ones you are getting in the deal, why do you want to trade them.

Fourth, if you sent 35 offers per week to another GM, is it possible that he gets annoyed by you and if you get to the point where you are at your 35th offer, are you certain you are listening to what the other GM is telling you.

Fifth, if you want to have, you have to give.... and not only the parts you want to get rid of. I like Faulk, but in a league that counts +/- , I am taking Trouba without hesitation.

When I look at you players, I am pretty certain that if you include Werenski in the deal, he would be tempted.

Hope this helps you

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my two cents on your position :

First, when I consider a trade, I try to look at the reasons to do the deal for both teams. What are the reason for the other GM to do the deal. How does it help his team ? If you cannot answer the question or if your answer is sketchy, you know why he refuses.

Second, you seem really high on Trouba and you might be right, maybe he is going to be a stud in a few years but maybe your trade partner feels the same about him. If it is the case, you have to replace a stud by a stud.

Third, if the players you offer him are so superior to the ones you are getting in the deal, why do you want to trade them.

Fourth, if you sent 35 offers per week to another GM, is it possible that he gets annoyed by you and if you get to the point where you are at your 35th offer, are you certain you are listening to what the other GM is telling you.

Fifth, if you want to have, you have to give.... and not only the parts you want to get rid of. I like Faulk, but in a league that counts +/- , I am taking Trouba without hesitation.

When I look at you players, I am pretty certain that if you include Werenski in the deal, he would be tempted.

Hope this helps you

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mynameistickle View Post
    How is acquiring a multi cat stud D man and a budding star in the league a bad trade?
    Even a McDavid trade can be bad if you give up so much to get the new player that he cant possibly overproduce his cost. Honestly, keep your emotions about a certain player in check when you enter the trading floor. Its the easiest way to get fleeced if you dont. View them dispassionately, as assets not people, as much as possible.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    View them dispassionately, as assets not people, as much as possible.
    So Trouba's just a nice piece of asset to you? Pig.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mynameistickle View Post
    How is acquiring a multi cat stud D man and a budding star in the league a bad trade? In 3 years the Jets team is gonna be so loaded. Also I think Girard is gonna be amazing.

So far I've only gotten one trade offer suggestion. What's the highest maximum offer you'd consider reasonable for Trouba and Girard? That's essentially my question here which was stated in my opening two stanzas...

Moving forward this thread should contain suggestions of the highest price you'd willingly pay from my team to acquire these players, not just calling into question my reasonings for trading for said players...

Also Eric for your information the trades I complete are never bad trades, I'd be willing to send you my full resume of all trades completed this season in all pools complete with cover letter, you can even grade me if you want. But I've markedly improved my roster and prospects cupboard in all pools this year. Just wanna get Trouba in this pool that's all, I like his multi cat usefulness.
    What you see right now is pretty much what you're gonna get, I don't see why you said they'd be loaded in three years. They have all their pieces right now, so what Trouba is doing right now should be viewed as what he will do in the short Term. Which is very valuable for multi cat leagues, but I wouldn't expect much more from him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

MrSandman - not looking to move Werenski. What piece other than he or Faulk would you consider close to Trouba? Again this is the reason I created this thread, to get trade ideas from the community. Not to be told that I'm too obsessed with a player and that paying a little more for him than what he's deemed "worth" is crazy...

DougGlatt - I'm no spring chicken, I've been down this road before. I "overpayed" in many people's eyes to acquire Werenski by moving out Ghostisbehere at his peak last season due to my man crush/knowledge about Werenski's skill level watching him at WJC and Michigan. People called me nuts seemed to work out just fine. I know what I'm doing I just can't seem to put together an enticing enough offer. Would you have any suggestion on how to formulate a deal that would be intriguing enough without breaking the whole entire bank? Thats the question here, this thread is getting very derailed.

The Iron Sheik - Winnipeg still has Petan, Dano and Copp developing at the NHL level to go with Armia and Lowry in the bottom six and Kyle Connor and Jack Roslovic to move into the top 6 once some of the veterans move on. They also have some really nice prospects playing in CHL and NCAA: Erik Foley, Michael Spacek, Logan Stanley, Luke Green and Tucker Poolman. It's really more about the younger NHL ready players and especially Hellebuyck developing together as a unit with the addition of the pro ready guys (Connor and Roslovic) waiting to make the jump. The Jets have the best drafts always, in my mind, and the Ducks are really good too. That's all neither here nor there, and again this is all derailing the topic of the thread from my original post which asked: what is the highest you would personally be willing to go on Trouba and Samuel Girard with the assets I have available. I'm thinking Player A, Player B and 2018 1st Round Pick, with the possibility of an additional lower tier prospect as a toss in to get it done. I think I already stated this in an earlier post in this thread.

Dobber Sports Stud

Steen and Faulk. Or any of the older guys. Hossa
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head