Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov Compared to 2017 NHL Draft Prospects

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kaprizov Compared to 2017 NHL Draft Prospects

Given the pool of prospects floating out there and the upcoming draft, where would you draft Kaprizov in relation to the rest of the 2017 NHL draft class?
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Kaprizov Compared to 2017 NHL Draft Prospects

top 10 seems fair, top 5 if you got balls of steel.

certainly has the talent to be worth of a high pick but a lot of factors going against him.

- - - Updated - - -

top 10 seems fair, top 5 if you got balls of steel.

certainly has the talent to be worth of a high pick but a lot of factors going against him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's top 10 talent wise, but he's likely years away if he ever does come across to play.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd safely draft him around 4th or 5th. He's got all the talent in the world and is right there with Hischier and Nolan if not better... and he will have had a couple of seasons in the 2nd best league in the world under his belt when he does come over.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'd draft him 3rd behind Patrick and Hischier. I think he's making it over the pond in 2018/19 season and should have an impact right away, probably sooner than most 2017 draftees not named Patrick or Hischier.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I asked this same question a month ago. Lol. I would say top 10 in most leagues unless ur league is real knowledgable. 😏

Dobber Sports Wizard

Right now, top-10 seems about right. Wait time isn't really an issue because most of the 2017 draft class won't play in the NHL next season anyways. I'm guessing there could be like 2-3 players in the NHL next season, so Kaprizov is right on track with the rest of them.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd feel comfortable taking him anywhere after the top two as all those players have wait times and few have the absolute ceiling that Kaprizov has.

Swing big.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd feel comfortable taking him anywhere after the top two as all those players have wait times and few have the absolute ceiling that Kaprizov has.

Swing big.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We're comparing a 19yr old vs. 17/18 year olds... Adam Brooks put up 120pts in the WHL, he still went 4th round... If Kaprizov were in this draft, I doubt he goes top 5. He's draft year +2. Even in the KHL... he slips IMO. So you can't fairly compare, he's have an extra two years to display his abilities.

In fantasy draft though, if I'm looking at unsigned/drafted prospects vs. this draft - yeah I'm taking him 3rd. Depending on which of my 3 leagues I'm drafting in, I'd consider him 1st in one of them. I have a lot of right now prospects and could afford to wait. In that one, I'd roll the dice of him having a higher ceiling than Hirsher/Patrick
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

According to the full time NHL scout that I talked to, Kaprizov would probably go in the top 10 in this year's entry draft if he were eligible.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd take him 3rd behind the hyped top 2 this year. He should be over after the 2018 KHL season, likely in line with anyone you could draft 3rd or later
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    According to the full time NHL scout that I talked to, Kaprizov would probably go in the top 10 in this year's entry draft if he were eligible.
    I wonder if he'd say that if Kaprizov went undrafted for two years and was going back into the 2017 draft as draft eligible in his draft year +2. Those players tend to slip quite a bit. I mean, it's one thing to see him at 19 and say yeah, he's top three in THIS years draft...

but... realistically, being a 2015 draft eligible player, if he had gone undrafted, and passed over in 2015 and 2016 - I really wonder if he goes 1st round. When was the last time someone passed over in their 1st year of draft eligibility went in the 1st round? let alone two years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I wonder if he'd say that if Kaprizov went undrafted for two years and was going back into the 2017 draft as draft eligible in his draft year +2. Those players tend to slip quite a bit. I mean, it's one thing to see him at 19 and say yeah, he's top three in THIS years draft...

but... realistically, being a 2015 draft eligible player, if he had gone undrafted, and passed over in 2015 and 2016 - I really wonder if he goes 1st round. When was the last time someone passed over in their 1st year of draft eligibility went in the 1st round? let alone two years
    If he went undrafted for two years, there would be a real reason for that. Either he didn't play well or teams think he wouldn't leave Russia. Both would be red flags which would drop his draft stock. That's a completely different scenario than someone who already showed some promise as 17-year-old. So he probably wouldn't go high in the 1st but still probably in the 1st round somewhere

Yegor Korshkov was passed over twice before being drafted 31st overall. Technically on the 2nd round but the 1st player selected there. Tanner Pearson was almost 20 when he was drafted in the 1st round (30th overall). Those are the first two that come to mind. By the way, found an interesting article related to this: http://prospect-stats.com/blog/Overage_Prospects/

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Whether or not Kaprizov went undrafted for two years in the NHL is a moot point. In the OP's fantasy hockey league, Kaprizov is available in their upcoming draft so in that setting, he did go undrafted for two years. Does that mean that the fantasy GM should undervalue him? Of course not. Kaprizov is available and is likely as good as anyone available in this year's draft. Whether a fantasy GM should pick him before Patrick or Hischier remains to be seen but I don't think anyone else in this year's draft has the upside potential of Kiril Kaprizov.

Dobber Sports Stud

Tanner Pearson was a passed over twice before going to the Kings in the first round back in 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanner Pearson was a passed over twice before going to the Kings in the first round back in 2012.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ I see Juoko already chimed in on that one.

Move along, nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ I see Juoko already chimed in on that one.

Move along, nothing to see here.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.