Thread: C Adam Gaudette - Northeastern University, NCAA (2015, 149th, VAN)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default C Adam Gaudette - Northeastern University, NCAA (2015, 149th, VAN)

If he's not on your radar, get him there quickly.
    Gaudette had almost 30 points in his freshmen year, and has followed it up with a sensational sophomore year - 41 points in 26 games.

He plays on an offensive team, but rarely plays even strength with Aston-Reese and Sikura who are having great years of their own.

Here is how his year stacks up compared to other drafted NCAA prospects over the past 5 years.

Year Name Yr PPG
    14 Gaudreau jr 2
    16 Connor fr 1.87
    17 Sikura jr 1.7
    16 Compher jr 1.66
    14 Hayes sr 1.62
    17 Gaudette so 1.58
    15 Vesey jr 1.57
    17 Keller fr 1.53
    16 Motte jr 1.47
    13 Gaudreau so 1.46
    15 Hyman sr 1.46
    17 Bjork jr 1.46
    16 Boeser fr 1.43
    16 Vesey sr 1.39
    13 Haula jr 1.38
    14 Kerdiles so 1.36
    15 Larkin fr 1.34
    16 Guentzel jr 1.31

What makes it even more impressive is that he is one of the youngest players on the list and has been steadily climbing upwards since the beginning of the year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: C Adam Gaudette - Northeastern University, NCAA (2015, 149th, VAN)

Gaudette has been playing lights out since the halfway mark of last season. of his 30 points in 41 games last year, almost all of them came in the final 25 games.

He hasn't gone two games in a row without recording a point, has shown up on the scoresheet in 20 of 26 contests and sits third in the nation in shots on goal (115) by averaging 4.42 per game.

The 5th rounder plays a hard nosed two way game that got him drafted, but his heavy shot and underrated playmaking ability has really taken leaps and bounds. Skating is fine, edge work is fine, hands are fine - none being spectacular but pro level.

All this said, I'm not totally convinced that he's destined for a top two centre position. He may turn pro at the end of the season and then get a ton of prime minutes in Utica. If he can keep producing at a high level in the AHL, then I'll continue to revisit my ceiling on him.

Another year at Northeastern wouldn't surprise me either, as he's a discussed the importance of his degree in the past so getting three years under his belt before turning pro may be appealing.

- - - Updated - - -

Gaudette has been playing lights out since the halfway mark of last season. of his 30 points in 41 games last year, almost all of them came in the final 25 games.

He hasn't gone two games in a row without recording a point, has shown up on the scoresheet in 20 of 26 contests and sits third in the nation in shots on goal (115) by averaging 4.42 per game.

The 5th rounder plays a hard nosed two way game that got him drafted, but his heavy shot and underrated playmaking ability has really taken leaps and bounds. Skating is fine, edge work is fine, hands are fine - none being spectacular but pro level.

All this said, I'm not totally convinced that he's destined for a top two centre position. He may turn pro at the end of the season and then get a ton of prime minutes in Utica. If he can keep producing at a high level in the AHL, then I'll continue to revisit my ceiling on him.

Another year at Northeastern wouldn't surprise me either, as he's a discussed the importance of his degree in the past so getting three years under his belt before turning pro may be appealing.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.