Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily food consumption thread

Banned

Default Re: Daily food consumption thread

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Great link by Tobias. Be very careful about salad, Stunt Man. The temptation with salad is to add a bunch of salad dressing (super fatty and high in calories), as well as stuff like bacon, cheese, croutons, etc. to make it taste less like vegetables!

Try to eat things like zucchini, squash, onions, bell peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms (not really a vegetable). If you use a small amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs you can make these things taste quite delicious. Yes, these tastes will be foreign to you at first. But think of it this way.... It is a good thing that it feels unnatural to you because what feels natural is not working. If you do what feels unnatural for a while then it will start to feel natural, and it will give you great results!
    nothing wrong with that. Ranch dressing and caesar for example are very good, especially high quality ones.

Dobber Sports Monster

Great link by Tobias. Be very careful about salad, Stunt Man. The temptation with salad is to add a bunch of salad dressing (super fatty and high in calories), as well as stuff like bacon, cheese, croutons, etc. to make it taste less like vegetables!

Try to eat things like zucchini, squash, onions, bell peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms (not really a vegetable). If you use a small amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs you can make these things taste quite delicious. Yes, these tastes will be foreign to you at first. But think of it this way.... It is a good thing that it feels unnatural to you because what feels natural is not working. If you do what feels unnatural for a while then it will start to feel natural, and it will give you great results!
    i do LIKE onions, mushrooms, tomatoes AND olive oil. i could make some sort of home made meal with all those ingredients or even add grilled chicken. now i have an idea .....

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    good for u for quitting smoking. i smoked on and off for 5 years (2-3 cigarettes a day) and it was super hard to quit. never had one for 4 years now. don't really get any cravings......a few months ago i THOUGHT about having a cigarette because i was stressed/bored but thought better of it. id get a non nicotine vapor cig but i keep hearing of those things blowing up lol
    2-3 cigs per day? Not bad at all. I smoked a pack or more per day from age 17 to 24. Quitting was difficult but was probably the best decision I've ever made...

Alcohol is a huge source of empty calories and wasted money too... Until just recently I used to drink daily, a few beers, a bottle of wine, sometimes rum and cokes... boy was that a bad habit. Now I only allow myself to drink alcohol when I am out with friends or hosting people at my house. Have only had 4 beers in the last 15 days and it is showing in my wallet, my health, and my anxiety level.

Dobber Sports Sage

i do have a coffee machine lol. i stay home a lot of the time and like going for the drive to tim hortons, but i should look at other avenues than a tim hortons run as GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE
    Get a French Press. It makes the best damn coffee, so rich and tasty. I havent bought retail coffee since I got mine. And I live in Seattle and there is a coffee shop literally on every corner.

Dobber Sports Pro

i do LIKE onions, mushrooms, tomatoes AND olive oil. i could make some sort of home made meal with all those ingredients or even add grilled chicken. now i have an idea .....
    Great! Start with that. You can make breakfast with those things too... Just add eggs. Make sure you don't go overboard with the salt and olive oil.

Slowly incorporate new veggies that you haven't tried before. I bet if you can make yourself eat more veggies than non-veggies on a per pound basis daily, and make most of the remainder meat/fish/fruit/nuts rather than things with lots of carbs... you will see great results AND feel much better.

Dobber Sports Monster

2-3 cigs per day? Not bad at all. I smoked a pack or more per day from age 17 to 24. Quitting was difficult but was probably the best decision I've ever made...

Alcohol is a huge source of empty calories and wasted money too... Until just recently I used to drink daily, a few beers, a bottle of wine, sometimes rum and cokes... boy was that a bad habit. Now I only allow myself to drink alcohol when I am out with friends or hosting people at my house. Have only had 4 beers in the last 15 days and it is showing in my wallet, my health, and my anxiety level.
    alcohol is terrible (i tend to drink too much when i start so i just QUIT all together). i last drank at my sisters wedding. had about 10-12 drinks, got fairly loaded, my blood pressure went very high and couldnt go to sleep for awhile because it felt like there wasnt enough circulation in my body and i felt shaky.....best way i could describe it. thats why i also cut down on my caffeine intake, ill get shaky and feels like i want to fall down.

- - - Updated - - -

Great! Start with that. You can make breakfast with those things too... Just add eggs. Make sure you don't go overboard with the salt and olive oil.

Slowly incorporate new veggies that you haven't tried before. I bet if you can make yourself eat more veggies than non-veggies on a per pound basis daily, and make most of the remainder meat/fish/fruit/nuts rather than things with lots of carbs... you will see great results AND feel much better.
    that sounds like a great breakfast. ill go to walmart tonight and get all the ingredients....

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This really strikes me more as a diet than a lifestyle change. It's awesome that you've cut calories but there's still some elephants in the room that would be addressed if you changed how you think. It's really obvious stuff that jumps off the screen while I'm reading.
    Agree with this... you're calorie count is down, but as I said in a different thread, counting calories can lead you off the correct path. Might sound harsh, Posting your meals is making that apparent.

it's one thing to only consume 1700 calories in a day, but they're the wrong calories, - bacon, sausage wrap, XL double double... forget calories - let's talk about the sodium intake and saturated fats you're consuming here. Swap your XL DD for a Large 2milk 1 sugar - you save calories, sugar and fats. Sausage wrap? cook at home, ground chicken wrap, toss in red onions & jalapeno's, tomatoes fresh spinach. and you're body will find it more fulfilling.

bacon - massive in sodium and bad transfats. I love bacon above most all things, but I'm only eat it once a month. Fast food - Tims is not the places you should be counting calories.

As for veggies. if they are foreign to you, then you're not going to be successful in this lifestyle change. They need to be the central mainstay of your lifestyle change. - salads, steamed/roasted veggies. - I prefer roasted, on the BBQ - toss in a bit of ext. virgin olive oil - they come off with that grill flavour and almost taste like candy.

Seriously... losing weight should not be your goal. Creating a HEALTHY lifestyle - including eating healthy, natural foods SHOULD BE. Making THIS CHANGE - will result in weight loss.

water water water... you should be drinking.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

High-protein smoothie

Beet juice, carrot juice, whey protein, plain nonfat greek yogurt, coconut water, (tofu optional but I like it), chia seeds, flaxseed meal, banana, frozen kale and spinach, frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Zap in blender. Drink. It's my favorite meal of the day, its filling, and there is no sugar or processed garbage included. Loaded with protein and antioxidants, rich in nutrients but not calories.

- - - Updated - - -

High-protein smoothie

Beet juice, carrot juice, whey protein, plain nonfat greek yogurt, coconut water, (tofu optional but I like it), chia seeds, flaxseed meal, banana, frozen kale and spinach, frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. Zap in blender. Drink. It's my favorite meal of the day, its filling, and there is no sugar or processed garbage included. Loaded with protein and antioxidants, rich in nutrients but not calories.

Dobber Sports Ace

Can I change my username to sausagewrap?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit - that was inner Tobias. Just ignore him.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit - that was inner Tobias. Just ignore him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Never understood the hype over drinking water. If you're thirsty drink. These folks that wander around with water in their hand bragging about how they drink 2 gallons a day or whatever....very odd.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    High-protein smoothie

Can call it that smoothie the Saltspring Special. A hippie's wet dream!

Joking aside, it sounds decent enough. I need to pile in the calories in my smoothies so I end up slamming in peanut butter, bananas, sometimes oatmeal (tastes like death but works) and anything else I can get in there.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lunch soon will be two well packed steak fajita lettuce wraps. Leftovers from last night.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Never understood the hype over drinking water. If you're thirsty drink. These folks that wander around with water in their hand bragging about how they drink 2 gallons a day or whatever....very odd.
    Playing sports, I was always told by coaches/trainers, if you're thirsty -you're already slightly dehydrated - now you need to drink to catch up, not stay hydrated. So perhaps that's why it's recommended?

It also fills your stomach and staves off hunger signals.

Dobber Sports Monster

if i switch my coffee to 2 milk, 1 sugar and that is my only sugar intake for the day is that too low or is that ok?

ill try that with tomorrows coffee. i wont get a tim hortons wrap, ill make my own breaky, eggs green pepper, mushroom, tomatoes.

- - - Updated - - -

if i switch my coffee to 2 milk, 1 sugar and that is my only sugar intake for the day is that too low or is that ok?

ill try that with tomorrows coffee. i wont get a tim hortons wrap, ill make my own breaky, eggs green pepper, mushroom, tomatoes.

Dobber Sports Jedi

- - - Updated - - -

it won't be your only sugar... the tomatoes have sugar, the wrap likely has sugar.. other foods you eat during the day will have sugar... natural sugars. that's the difference.