Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Before getting into the military, I used to work for a retail company that dabbled in mattresses. It would probably shock/scare you to know how much mark up there is in mattresses. It's filthy.
    Exactly why you should buy online from endy, Casper , leesa etc

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    He's doing fantastic now. I have to give him medication twice a day. Thought for sure we would have had to put him down though, he didn't look good at all. He pooped out the rest of that rug too. Was scary seeing all the water and bile he threw up all over our carpet that day, 3 or 4 times. But yeah so far so good! Thanks for asking. And sorry to hear about your dog, they are just like family.
    Great to hear!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have picked out my next two courses to take this coming semester block. Each block is six weeks. I will be taking "Intro to Professional Writing" and "Intro to University Writing". If I take summer school then I should be able to get my Associate of Arts Degree by the end of next year. Should be fun.
    Oh man, I read that you will be taking "Intro to Professional Wrestling"...and I haven't even been drinking...yet...lol!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh man, I read that you will be taking "Intro to Professional Wrestling"...and I haven't even been drinking...yet...lol!
    Hahahaha. Wrestling is the last sport I would consider doing. Have a drink for me Comish! lol

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Prices are ridiculous for so many things. We don't go to the movies and rarely ever get fast food or go out to eat. I buy very few clothes compared to the average person. Before we had kids, my wife and I often went to the mall as a "date" and I was a bargain shopper hitting the clearance rack. I have a half dozen Eddie Bauer sweaters that were all under $20 and those don't go out of style. If your size doesn't change, you rarely wear out shirts, sweaters, or jackets. I still routinely wear sweaters and shirts that I bought 5-10 years ago. I have been trying to whittle down my wardrobe through natural attrition for a couple years but it's a slow process.
    just hit the movies tonight $41 just for the tickets $14 each for adults, $9 for a frickin' kid and tax
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    just hit the movies tonight $41 just for the tickets $14 each for adults, $9 for a frickin' kid and tax
    Let me guess, you watched Star Wars? I was in a restaurant and the waiter asked me if I was going to watch Star Wars, I didn't want to tell him I haven't been to the movies in years. Last one I watched was Public Enemies. Can't remember how long ago that was now. Might have been one of those Avenger movies that was the last one I watched, been years anyhow.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Let me guess, you watched Star Wars? I was in a restaurant and the waiter asked me if I was going to watch Star Wars, I didn't want to tell him I haven't been to the movies in years. Last one I watched was Public Enemies. Can't remember how long ago that was now. Might have been one of those Avenger movies that was the last one I watched, been years anyhow.
    nope.. Ferdinand.. a bull played by John Cena... heh
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

I'll most likely be starting a dynasty league starting next season. I was thinking 16 teams h2h with playoffs and make sure the playoffs isn't last week of season so good players aren't benched. Slow draft throughout the summer. I'll look to even having a trophy to the winner. I was in a league like this and I loved it. Probably use yuku forums. I'll make Dobber members first priority if I make this league. Just a free league of course.

Forward/Defenseman Scoring
    Goals (G)

Assists (A)
    Points (P)
    Hits
    Powerplay Points (PPP)
    Shorthanded Points (SHP)
    Game-Winnings Goals (GWG)

Goaltender Scoring
    Wins (W)

Saves Made (SV)
    Goals Against Average (GAA)
    Save Percentage (SV%)
    Shutouts (SO)

Dobber Sports Monster

Me and another GM got into a quarrel, I started trash talking his team becuase I'm in 1st place, so he takes offense to it ( I may have had a few drinks at the time ), ( i may have a few drniks in me right now) then says I will be in insane asylum by play-offs anyhow. Se we argue back and forth. Now the guy quits the league. Man, I wanted a good fight on my hands, back and forth trash talk is fun. WTF

Funny thing is I start singing the words to the song "Rude" by Magic, I keep saying Why you got to be so rude? You know I'm going to win this league, there is nothing you can do .... haahhahahaa. I thought it was pretty funny but filling up that guys chat ticked him off big time and he said he doesn't want to deal with me. I tried to apologize but he wanted to hear none of it. DAAMIT

god i love fantasy hockey. I told him how another GM in another league requested that my chat be blocled from him, and that they couldn't, he said I am probably the problem, which he may be right but trash talk makes fantasy hockey that much more funner.'

aLL IN good fun of couse.

Dobber Sports Master

Trash talk is sometimes difficult if you dont know the guy personally. I mean I talk about a GM's mother all the time in my league. Stuff that should mean a punch in the face. We know that we are just kidding around so no one gets offended. Every once in a while it come close though! haha

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Trash talk is sometimes difficult if you dont know the guy personally. I mean I talk about a GM's mother all the time in my league. Stuff that should mean a punch in the face. We know that we are just kidding around so no one gets offended. Every once in a while it come close though! haha
    I hear ya. I was part of Amazing Fantasy Hockey League which was one of my favorite leagues of all time, and would love to have a chance to get back in, tonnes of tassh talk and lots of smart gm's. Trash talk between another GM and myself got a little heated and went tooo far and I woosied out like a little B .... and quit the league. biggest regret of my life. Daamiitt. Id pay $200 to just be accepted back. dam

Dobber Sports Master

Dont give it, if you can't take it.

Plus, if that is your biggest regret, you are doing quite well.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Dont give it, if you can't take it.

Plus, if that is your biggest regret, you are doing quite well.
    Hehe very true. Happy New Years!

Dobber Sports Monster

Roughly the half way point of the NHL season and my brother and myself are #1 and #2 in a $250 1-year points league (12 entrants). Been that way since day 1 basically. We are the only members from the Dobber Community in that pool I believe. It would be ok if he weren't rubbing it in the whole time (he is in 1st) lol, but I did the same once I won our newspapers' play-off hockey pool. There were roughly 300 or 400 entrants and I came 1st (beat out 2nd place by 1 pt) and my twin came 3rd place. Good times.

Sobered up pretty quick from my mickey of Jack Daniels. Man, at one point it really kicked in and I felt wasted. Feel pretty good now, not sick or anything, drank quite a bit of water so all is good! Hope you all enjoy the rest of the night!

The Great One

Yeah agreed with others. The type of trash talk is dependent on the relationships you have with the GMs in your league. Ideally you want to get to the point where anything goes.

I try to keep personal jabs out of trash talking but sometimes even I cross the line