Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Random thoughts

I'm working on a remake of an 80s classic.

It is going to be 'Non-Ferrous Bueller'... basically the same as the original but with all traces of irony content removed.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Monster

Don't like the taste of regular water?
    Trying to watch your weigh and stay away from pop?
    Try a Nestle Pure Life Sparkling (flavored) water

i love this stuff!

Dobber Sports Sage

I pay very little attention to predraft rankings and player profiles. I can't name a single prospect after Patrick and Hishier. AFTER the draft I will study the results and do a deep dive into the first several rounds in preparation of our 60 player entry draft. After the draft I go back and listen to a bunch of prospect podcasts especially the Dobber ones and get ready for our draft. I know I am in the minority with this.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I pay very little attention to predraft rankings and player profiles. I can't name a single prospect after Patrick and Hishier. AFTER the draft I will study the results and do a deep dive into the first several rounds in preparation of our 60 player entry draft. After the draft I go back and listen to a bunch of prospect podcasts especially the Dobber ones and get ready for our draft. I know I am in the minority with this.
    When you have a league that does a rookie draft before the actual entry draft, you kind of have to do your own homework. I used to be more on the "oh I'll just read about them after the draft" side.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

This strategy can help you but from my experience I like knowing where a player ranks throughout the year at various times and understand the rises and the drops in their respective rankings over the course of the season.

I was able to nab Fowler and Forsberg with the 8th and 9th picks when both players where initially projected to be drafted by an NHL team in the top 3 a few weeks/months before the big day! Understanding why they slipped so low helped me see that their game was the same one that was initially pegged by scouts as being top-3 material.

I may not have struck gold with Fowler (actually moved him after his 40-something breakout season) but Forsberg turned out to be the steal of that draft!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

that is exactly what i do. then ill try and find video of all the players and try and evaluate their talent to the best of my ability

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Don't like the taste of regular water?
    Trying to watch your weigh and stay away from pop?
    Try a Nestle Pure Life Sparkling (flavored) water

i love this stuff!
    What are you, a millionaire? Just drink the water man.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What are you, a millionaire? Just drink the water man.
    LOL i feel HIGH CLASS when i drink it from a whiskey glass

but no ill always get in 5 or 6 bottles of water a day

Dobber Sports Genius

Any truth that adding a higher octane fuel grade will give a turbo engine a little more horsepower? Anyone around here drive with a turbo engine and swear by this? some say you get more HP and added mileage while others say no effect was seen. Traded my 09 silverado for a 13 hyundai veloster turbo and she's a beaut! quick little rabbit and i'm no longer going to take it up the butt by the gas companies. Only downside, i'm looking up at everyone on the road (even civic drivers) vs looking down at all after 8 years.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    LOL i feel HIGH CLASS when i drink it from a whiskey glass

but no ill always get in 5 or 6 bottles of water a day
    purchased a water cooler for the home from home hardware and love it - place a 18L re-usable bottle on top and get many a glass of cool water. No more plastic bottle waste around here. $5 to collect another bottle. We're on a well here and the water doesn't always agree with me so this was the solution. You're likely hooked on the carbonation of the water lol. Nothing beats a cool glass of ice water. Gatorade is still my fav. though. On a glacier ice kick lately too.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Any truth that adding a higher octane fuel grade will give a turbo engine a little more horsepower? Anyone around here drive with a turbo engine and swear by this? some say you get more HP and added mileage while others say no effect was seen. Traded my 09 silverado for a 13 hyundai veloster turbo and she's a beaut! quick little rabbit and i'm no longer going to take it up the butt by the gas companies. Only downside, i'm looking up at everyone on the road (even civic drivers) vs looking down at all after 8 years.
    My advice is use whatever octane the owners manual says...and have fun driving!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    When I first got out of highschool, my summer included working at McDs from 330pm-1;30am, then sleep then working on a project car from 10am-about 2am. It was a Talon, and their engines were stock ready for a Turbo (everything inside was performance grade) and I threw a turbo on that SOB. Drove it for about 3 weeks before selling it (whole time was to sell it before September for some extra cash for school). I personally always did the high octane in that one, but that was because it was an older car, and I wanted it to sound good in test drives and such.

Now with all that, higher octane doesn’t help make the turbo last longer. Octane ratings are a measure of the fuels ability to resist engine knock (fuel ignition when piston is in the wrong position). This will damage the engine fast, and that causes the loss in power. Check the manual; it’s usually around a 90 octane rating for a car like that. I’d just suggest not bouncing from one octane to another, it’ll screw with any “on-the-fly” adjustments your ECU does to compensate anything.

Also, anything you read on Turbo-care on a care is for high pressure boosts, not the typical low pressure boosts on the Ford Eco-Boosts, or stock low boost turbos added to make an I4 the same power as a V6. So if you read the tip on letting your car idle for a minute or two after highway driving, that’s just for the Turbo to cool down slowly with the engine oil still circulating through the turbos bearings. You don’t have to do that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Random thought of the day:

Why are some farts smelly while others don't smell at all (in the same day). Also, why are some noisy while others are silent (again, same day).

I understand gases smell and are pushed out differently depending on a bunch of factors (types of food, time of day, health of organs, ...) but when you eat something and start to fart soon after yet the farts' smell and sound vary makes me wonder how it all works in there!

I hate it when someone in line just rips a loud an smelly one; I mean, if the person was predicting a silent and unscented one... well, they failed!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Random thought of the day:

Why are some farts smelly while others don't smell at all (in the same day). Also, why are some noisy while others are silent (again, same day).

I understand gases smell and are pushed out differently depending on a bunch of factors (types of food, time of day, health of organs, ...) but when you eat something and start to fart soon after yet the farts' smell and sound vary makes me wonder how it all works in there!
    I thought your random thought was going to be Ali Larter.....

but these these are great questions... haha

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I thought your random thought was going to be Ali Larter.....

but these these are great questions... haha

Hehe, Ali Larter and farts don't go hand in hand. She was my celebrity crush back when I was in high school

Minors: