Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Random thoughts

I hate having to go in person to see what deals a company is entitled to give you. I’m looking at how much a new truck would cost me and I work at a place that entitles me to discounts at GM, Dodge, Ford, and other manufacturers but I want to know my percentage discount, but they won’t tell me via email.

Like I’m going in, asking what the percentage is and leaving, why waste my time?! ARGH. I know they want you in to upsell you but come on cut to the chase and save us both time!

The worst is I know have to go into Ford, Dodge, GM, and another dealer to find out what deal is the best.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Well you're already in the money so crack a smile

Congrats
    just not good enough!!! hahahaha. whats funny is my brother and best friend all picked nashville and pittsburgh players but only made a few different picks so we all should be in the money. i waited until 10 minutes left in the deadline to submit my picks and nashville was up 1 game to 0 on chicago and was winning game 2 and pittsbugh was up 2 - 0 i believe by then

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I hate having to go in person to see what deals a company is entitled to give you. I’m looking at how much a new truck would cost me and I work at a place that entitles me to discounts at GM, Dodge, Ford, and other manufacturers but I want to know my percentage discount, but they won’t tell me via email.

Like I’m going in, asking what the percentage is and leaving, why waste my time?! ARGH. I know they want you in to upsell you but come on cut to the chase and save us both time!

The worst is I know have to go into Ford, Dodge, GM, and another dealer to find out what deal is the best.
    They probably don't want to put it on paper either until the final signing... They tend to do that so that you can avoid taking to paper to another dealer and say ''beat this price and I'll buy it here''. I know how you feel though!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    They probably don't want to put it on paper either until the final signing... They tend to do that so that you can avoid taking to paper to another dealer and say ''beat this price and I'll buy it here''. I know how you feel though!
    OMG THIS IS SUCH A HEADACHE. I'm now email 2 people at the Chevy dealer, and one says they can find my company on their discount server one says they can't.

As for the "Beat this" our company, through the grapevine from other employees who bought cars with our discount and it's the same as lets say the Ford employee on their shop floor. So the way I interpret it is that it's not negotiable. At least that part of the discount they provide

Dobber Sports Star

OMG THIS IS SUCH A HEADACHE. I'm now email 2 people at the Chevy dealer, and one says they can find my company on their discount server one says they can't.
    Unless the company discount is massive, I recommend you skip all that BS and buy a good used vehicle. Those first couple years of depreciation are downright nasty.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Those first couple years of depreciation are downright nasty.
    It's crazy what a few years and 50,000km will do to the initial price tag! My buddy just got a Mercedes GLE 550 (2015 I think) for $42,000 as opposed to the $75-80K price tag! It had a bit less than 60K on it.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Unless the company discount is massive, I recommend you skip all that BS and buy a good used vehicle. Those first couple years of depreciation are downright nasty.
    Someone got $20k off their $60k dodge at my work a week ago. As I don’t want to spend $40k on a new truck tho, I’m just looking at the discount for my knowledge.

Also I’m going to be asking on a, let’s say, 2015 used from the dealer if we get our discount on that too.

Dobber Sports Giant

Also I’m going to be asking on a, let’s say, 2015 used from the dealer if we get our discount on that too.
    That would be the best of both worlds. The $20K discount on the $60k pricetag is crazy; didn't think your work discount was that good!! Knocking off 33% off the retail price is a solid rebate... If the discount doesn't work on a used truck, getting a new one for that price may be just as good though!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Titan

So I went to Chevy on Wednesday (Chevy/GMC), and test drove a GMC Sierra (Elevation series) and liked it, our discount there was something around 23% off. It has to do with the packages involved in the truck where I get the most dollars off. But because it’s near the end of 2017 “Build your Car” season (factories aren’t accepting custom built requests anymore according to my sales guy) I have to settle what’s on the lot.

The Sierra I drove was a “return” car with 800km on it (the guy wanted the Crew {full size} but this was a Double {think suicide door size}), but had leather seats added. If I went that way I can talk the guy into adding this and that. I had him pretty much saying yes to the Tonneau cover and a few other small accessories. But taking that obviously with a grain of salt.

Going to Dodge today after work to see what they can offer. What I’m using a truck for, GMC/Chevy/Dodge doesn’t matter for me really. I need it for the size (I’m tall, 6’7”) and for towing a boat from the place we winterize it to the docks. Plus I want truck. So if I can get a good deal there I’m all for it.

Dobber Sports Monster

in order to be considered a hockey pools expert what must one do/accomplish in order to get that title?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    in order to be considered a hockey pools expert what must one do/accomplish in order to get that title?
    1) Know how to put your teams in a position to win. There is always luck involved so you won't always win but you should be confident that you at least made it a contender.
    2) Give advice to others with item #1 in mind. You're trying to help someone else get better at fantasy hockey and contend for championships.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    1) Know how to put your teams in a position to win. There is always luck involved so you won't always win but you should be confident that you at least made it a contender.
    2) Give advice to others with item #1 in mind. You're trying to help someone else get better at fantasy hockey and contend for championships.
    was getting heckled by a buddy of mine, said "YOU HAVE TO WIN A HOCKEY POOL IN ORDER TO CALL YOURSELF AN EXPERT THEN ILL GIVE U PROPS...I SEE A LOT OF 2nd AND 3rd PLACES ON YOUR RESUME" lol

Administrator

was getting heckled by a buddy of mine, said "YOU HAVE TO WIN A HOCKEY POOL IN ORDER TO CALL YOURSELF AN EXPERT THEN ILL GIVE U PROPS...I SEE A LOT OF 2nd AND 3rd PLACES ON YOUR RESUME" lol
    3) A true expert doesn't care what other people think.

Dobber Sports Master

.I SEE A LOT OF 2nd AND 3rd PLACES ON YOUR RESUME" lol
    The difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is often luck... but the difference between those places and 8th or 11th or last is skill.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    The difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is often luck... but the difference between those places and 8th or 11th or last is skill.
    That or Carey Price.