Thread: Spencer Martin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Spencer Martin

I know it's a bad year in Colorado...

But it looks like Calvin Pickard is not having the start tonight.

Martin has the start for a second game in a row.

I was expecting the coach to give Pickard another chance but it does'nt look like it...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Spencer Martin

Here's my post about him a few days ago in another thread:

''He's good. He's been a solid AHL goalie for the past few seasons on a subpar team and he's the next in-line in nets from a slim Avalanche pipeline.

I prefer Pickard to him as he has proven that he can play in the NHL but I'm very excited to see how Martin will fare in his first few starts in the bigs. I can see both Pickard and Martin fighting for the crease and posting good numbers like Price and Halak / Gibson and Andersen did in the past (on a smaller scale of course) when Martin becomes a regular backup. Keep in mind though, for the current Avalanche goalies to have any sort of success, Colorado's management team will need to figure out how to fix the defensive unit first.

If you own Pickard, he would be a guy I would want to handcuff. Otherwise, I'd wait a bit and see how he develops before considering him a solid goalie prospect.''

I'll add the link just in case other members chime in to that thread (I was the only one who did as of today):
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...-About-Him-REP
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Did'nt see your post before. Thanks!
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Hehe, no worries. I see that you already own Pickard in your keeper team (nice job at landing the 3 young studs in goal as well as your whole roster in a 24-team league!!)

If you can roster prospects, I would add him here in such a deep league. If you must drop someone to do so, Goligoski is the only name I'd be tempted by, but in the end, I'd probably stand pat.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay