Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any prospects that might be called up by end of this season to keep eyes on?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Any prospects that might be called up by end of this season to keep eyes on?

Christian Fischer, just called up by Arizona.... it's the totes, so impact on THAT team is very subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Christian Fischer, just called up by Arizona.... it's the totes, so impact on THAT team is very subjective.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Any prospects that might be called up by end of this season to keep eyes on?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This is assuming he wants to leave school early (after his first year). He doesn't have a contract yet.
    It's actually his 2nd year already. Not that it matters for your point which is valid. But considering how good he is already, I doubt he's willing to risk millions by staying in school for two more years.

While I do agree that McAvoy is likely NHL ready, I doubt he's ready to be an impact player. If he can jump straight to the NHL, that's impressive enough. Expecting points right away might be setting your expectations too high...

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I can't quote you Jouko so....

To answer your question, whether the Hawks can bring over Shalunov has been questioned in a couple places. From what I gather from reading different blogs and writers, the Blackhawks still have his rights and because of this they can sign him when the KHL season is over. Shalunov's KHL team doesn't look like they are going to make their playoffs.
    I would just like to figure out what is the reason they still own his rights if that's the case. Based on CBA, that shouldn't be the case. He played one season in the AHL/ECHL but I'm assuming that was under AHL contract because he returned to Russia after that and there's no record of him signing his ELC at that time.

If the Blackhawks still own Shalunov's rights, then they can sign him after his KHL season is over and he can play for them. But if he's UFA, then he would have to pass through waivers for any team that signs him, so he wouldn't sign his contract until the summer.

Too bad the "In The System" link on Blackhawks home page doesn't work. If Shalunov was listed there, then I would trust that information. I just cannot find anything reliable from anywhere else.

Dobber Sports Sage

Jouko- all I read is that he is on their reserve list since he didn't play out his ELC. I read that he is considered a "defected" RFA so he doesn't have to go through waivers. Granted, this is all coming from posters on forums much like this one. For what it's worth, I picked him up in a deep league since there is speculation he could sign in February when the KHL season is over. We'll see.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Jouko- all I read is that he is on their reserve list since he didn't play out his ELC. I read that he is considered a "defected" RFA so he doesn't have to go through waivers. Granted, this is all coming from posters on forums much like this one. For what it's worth, I picked him up in a deep league since there is speculation he could sign in February when the KHL season is over. We'll see.
    He hasn't signed his ELC, so he's not a defected RFA. From http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/maxim_shalunov/
    2013-14: Shalunov spent a season in the Blackhawks organization on an AHL contract ? appearing in 20 games with Chicago affiliate Rockford and playing most of the season for the ECHL?s Toledo Walleyes.
    All the articles that say the Blackhawks still hold his rights, they're all using Scott Powers from The Athletics as their source. For example this one: http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2016...draft-contract
    The Chicago Blackhawks could be going back to the KHL well again next offseason. GM Stan Bowman said recently that the Blackhawks hope to sign forward Maxim Shalunov, their 2011 fourth-round pick, when the opportunity arises next offseason, according to The Athletic?s Scott Powers.
    --
    Powers has been reporting on Shalunov?s situation a good deal recently because of his monster breakout season in the KHL. There was some initial confusion as to whether the Blackhawks still held his NHL rights over five years after being drafted, but that appears to the case.
    Like I said, I don't really know what the real situation is. I hope Scott Powers has his facts straight but you need to be a subscriber to read his article, so I cannot check what he's using as his source.

Dobber Sports Stud

Brock Boeser is likely to finish his season at UND, sign and get into some games with Canucks to finish the season.

Colin White and McAvoy should do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Brock Boeser is likely to finish his season at UND, sign and get into some games with Canucks to finish the season.

Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Padawan

DeAngelo, Honka, Theodore, Pulock, Meier, Guentzel, A.Nylander, Bjorkstrand, to name a few that stand out for me
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR
    Boeser was the first name I thought of.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy