Thread: Struggling Allen staying home on Blues road trip

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Struggling Allen staying home on Blues road trip

http://www.tsn.ca/struggling-allen-s...-trip-1.654283

A case of no Brian Elliott there to push him?

Maybr a conditioning stint in monors to rebuild his confidence?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Struggling Allen staying home on Blues road trip

Or he is hurt....
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Sage

His wife just gave birth + he needs "a reset" according to Hitch and Armstrong:

"To me, he's going to take a day to get a reset with his family, just had a young baby, but the play needs to improve and I want to give him a fresh start. ... He practiced today and now he can go home and when we practice on Sunday, be ready to go."
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

He's a mental midget. Needs Elliott to push him.

The Great One

Not even a story IMO - young goalies always have ups and downs and right now he's having a down. Don't forget at one point people said that the Canadiens should trade Proce and keep Halak and Allen is at least a tier below it so of course he would have his ups and downs. The blues giving him the trip off to spend time with his young family is classy when they know they aren't playing him the next game and in sure they will rewarded for it
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Not even a story IMO - young goalies always have ups and downs and right now he's having a down. Don't forget at one point people said that the Canadiens should trade Proce and keep Halak and Allen is at least a tier below it so of course he would have his ups and downs. The blues giving him the trip off to spend time with his young family is classy when they know they aren't playing him the next game and in sure they will rewarded for it
    Carey Price was 22 at the time and already had 3 seasons in the NHL with at least 41 games each year. Jake Allen is already 26 years old... 26 is not that young when you think about it. Sure, some goalies have become starters even later than that but still. Maybe Allen just doesn't have what it takes to be a starting goalie at the NHL level. Some goalies just cannot carry the load mentally and/or physically.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Carey Price was 22 at the time and already had 3 seasons in the NHL with at least 41 games each year. Jake Allen is already 26 years old... 26 is not that young when you think about it. Sure, some goalies have become starters even later than that but still. Maybe Allen just doesn't have what it takes to be a starting goalie at the NHL level. Some goalies just cannot carry the load mentally and/or physically.
    was just thinking the same thing. really scaled back my expectations of him

The Great One

I guess I was comparing their experiences in that it takes a while to really establish yourself when you get that starting gig. Allen is 26 but this is the first year he has been given the ball and I think he will get next year as well and that is when we will get a true picture of what we have

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I was comparing their experiences in that it takes a while to really establish yourself when you get that starting gig. Allen is 26 but this is the first year he has been given the ball and I think he will get next year as well and that is when we will get a true picture of what we have

Dobber Sports Genius

Traded Crawford for Allen straight up today for team in sig. Thought what the hell. Going to ride Murray for as long as I can. Hopefully JA gets his act together soon enough.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Lol not sure I'd go that far

Dobber Sports Titan

His endurance might not be there. Mentally and physically. If he comes back solid, might be a good time to snag him, there will be like 15 games between when he returns and another break (feb 21-25 off).

Allen was like Gibson to me, everyone knew they’d be the team’s next starting goalie, but never really stole it from the other guy. Elliott had like a 2.01GAA in STL, Elliott outplayed Allen every yr they were together.

- - - Updated - - -

His endurance might not be there. Mentally and physically. If he comes back solid, might be a good time to snag him, there will be like 15 games between when he returns and another break (feb 21-25 off).

Allen was like Gibson to me, everyone knew they?d be the team?s next starting goalie, but never really stole it from the other guy. Elliott had like a 2.01GAA in STL, Elliott outplayed Allen every yr they were together.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Is it his first child ?

a kid will throw a monkey wrench into the works for sure, but the first one is a game changer

- - - Updated - - -

Is it his first child ?

a kid will throw a monkey wrench into the works for sure, but the first one is a game changer
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.