Thread: Drop Allen or Hellebuyck for Greiss?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Drop Allen or Hellebuyck for Greiss?

Points-based keeper league. Only count wins and shutouts. Been riding Talbot all year and am in first. Allen and Hellboy have been brutal lately and I want some confidence in my backup if Talbot goes down.

I do only have 2 pickups left on the season, so don't want to waste one. Can Allen or Hellebuyck turn it around, or are they gonna lose their jobs (if they haven't already)?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Drop Allen or Hellebuyck for Greiss?

I would probably make the move of dropping Hellebuyck. It's tough with only two moves left but if you think you need the goalie help to keep you in first, Greiss would be an improvement on Hellebuyck for sure. Only issue would be the Isles may not get you that many Ws but I still think they get more than the Jets. If you don't see another strong goalie option coming available, I'd make the move.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

I wouldn't do it dropping a healthy guy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

What are the keeper settings? I have a hard time believing young goalies with the pedigree of Helle and Allen don't have a price. Especially for a team not playing for this year. Either way, it'd be hard for me to let go of one of those guys for Greiss unless I was absolutely sure the move would give me massive bump in obtaining a championship this year.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

To be clear, it is a limited keeper league (keep 5). None of these goalies would be in keeper consideration..... just a decision for rest of year.