Thread: Larkin, Lindholm, Aho

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Larkin, Lindholm, Aho

In a full rebuild of a 22 team very deep keeper league (points only)

Im not sure if the better keeper will be larkin or lindholm?? Larkin is younger which fits the rebuild but lindholm seems to be turning a corner on a young team whereas larkin is entering the dark ages in detroit

also, would Aho be a significant upgrade of both of these guys?

thanks,

The Great One

Default Re: Larkin, Lindholm, Aho

Tough one for me - I probably take Larkin with Aho second and Lindholm 3rd (though he's probably the hottest right now)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

Aho first for me. Larkin and Lindholm are then tied. I'm not high on Larkin.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm still quite high on Lindholm long-term.
    I've soured on Larkin.

Aho probably is the safest bet. Young wingers have all this freedom to just go play.

I overdrafted both Lindholm & Larkin this year in a few leagues this year.
    Both started off their years at NHL-C... and both have struggled mightily, offensively, in that role.
    Larkin got shifted over to wing in November, playing with various centers - but hasn't found his groove.
    I've commented on him previously, but I just don't think his hockey sense matches his tools (esp. skating/shooting).

It was only recently that Lindholm got pushed over to wing with J.Staal.
    I think he's finally getting a better chance to show his offense - so much easier for young players to flourish on wing without the huge NHL-responsibility of two-way C play.
    Lindholm has really good overall hockey sense, I think he'll be a slow riser, but will continue to rise yearly.

(As an aside: I'm always intrigued to speak about youth in C vs. W. It's such a huge difference. A guy like MacKinnon is case in point. The guy has been amazing when he gets to play wing... and the offense is just smushed when he focuses on being a complete center. As a hockey player, he's way more valuable at C. But as a fantasy hockey asset, he's better at wing. Always hard for me to separate my analysis for this.)

Next 3 years:
    Aho
    E.Lindholm
    Larkin

In 5+ years:
    E.Lindholm
    Larkin/Aho

Dobber Sports Monster

Larkin
    Aho
    Lindholm

- - - Updated - - -

Larkin
    Aho
    Lindholm

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rep! (How??)

Very interesting to see such a mixture of opinions. I have not thought about this centre / wing designation when it comes to point production in fantasy...but it's a very good point.

Seems like all of these three players play both centre and wing??

My initial rating is

Aho - 19 yrs old is good for rebuild. Looked fantastic at the juniors and is showing he can put up something in the CHEL

lindholm - purest point producer and looks big. Maybe the most boom/bust prospect here, where I am inclined to go for the risk, considering I am rebuilding, and can afford to place last and pick up solid draft picks. BUT is he too old when I will have a lineup of Dubois/Vrana/Nolan Patrick/Honka/Svechnikov/goldobin etc

Larkin - love the speed. I know the least about Larkin, except he has shown he can produce. At 20 years old, he fits but I have very low need for 50 point guys. He might have the highest risk here.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by jaga86; January 20, 2017 at 7:49 PM. Reason: How do I rep ?

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd go Aho first. I think he has all the tools to be a top winger. The best is certainly yet to come.

Then I'd go Lindholm, I still see a ton of scoring promise and physical play. I also think he's better at face offs than most Carolina players, including Rask for now.

Larkin I'd put last as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd go Aho first. I think he has all the tools to be a top winger. The best is certainly yet to come.

Then I'd go Lindholm, I still see a ton of scoring promise and physical play. I also think he's better at face offs than most Carolina players, including Rask for now.

Larkin I'd put last as well.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would take Lindholm/Aho/Larkin in that order

Larkin has not done much since Christmas 2015

- - - Updated - - -

I would take Lindholm/Aho/Larkin in that order

Larkin has not done much since Christmas 2015