Thread: Trocheck avaible on waivers. Better option than..?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trocheck avaible on waivers. Better option than..?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if I should pick Trocheck over any of theses guys : Toffoli, Rakell, Okposo or Schwartz.

I was cautious with Trocheck recent performances because Barkov was suppose to come back within 2-3 weeks but now I've heard today that Barkov injury might be season ending. Im tempted because he's been on fire over the last month. Is he a better option or it would simply be a lateral move?
    *Also avaible : Vanek, Granlund, Coyle, Krieder, Backlund, Spezza and Rask

For reference about Barkov;

Rowe said there is concern on Huby and Barkov being season ending injuries. Finally said Barky'sinjury is upper body not lower.#flapanthers

Also, there's a couple of Ds avaible on the waivers that im looking into. Maybe to replace Severson or Vatanen as my weeker Dmen.
    Martinez, Gardiner, Holden, Niskanen, Orlov, Muzzin, Provorov, Petry, Sekera and Dumba are all avaible. would any of them be an upgrade from Severson and/or Vatanen or again simply a latteral move?

Finaly, my team is in my sig and if you see another player worth trading out for the ones avaible dont hesitate to tell me, Im always looking for great advices..!

thanks

J.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trocheck avaible on waivers. Better option than..?

right now he is white hot and more valuable than any listed but over course of season he continues like this and nobody would touch him. I drafted him this year and was quite patient with the horrid start but right now I am being rewarded for resilience. Biggest thing I have seen is his shot is looking like last season, dude cannot miss glove side top shelf right now. Schwartz will just get hurt at some point so perhaps swap him out; as far as D I def would take Martinez, Gardiner and Sekera over Severson. Damon will be good but he is young and too much growing pains right now.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

The Great One

I think Trocheck is likely worth more than Toffoli in a points setting. Even if Barkov returns Trocheck has done enough to stay within the top six.

With no +/- and limited keepers, I think if you're going to drop a D it should be Vatanen to get the boot, not Severson.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

thanks guys for the inputs! anybody else has an opinion on the subject? would like to hear more about it if possible

- - - Updated - - -

thanks guys for the inputs! anybody else has an opinion on the subject? would like to hear more about it if possible
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Yep Trochek over Toffoli. And I would get Gardiner over Severson. Or even Niskanen short term while Carlson is hurt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The fact that Trocheck gets such heavy minutes bodes well for his production to continue. I believe there's a high correlation between ice time and production.

Rakell's production seems a bit unsustainable, both in terms of his personal shooting percentage and his on-ice shooting percentage, but he also plays on the first line with Getzlaf and Perry.
    Toffoli's pace should improve as the season wears on because of his underlying numbers.
    Schwartz doesn't play with Tarasenko anymore, but his numbers are in line with his normal rates, so his production the rest of the way should be consistent.
    Okposo gets a lot of ice time for Buffalo, but Buffalo's offense is anemic.

I hope all this helps!
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier