Thread: Trade for? Vatanen, Ghost or Parayko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Trade for? Vatanen, Ghost or Parayko

With Josi down, and while I wait for OEL and Yandle to resemble a fraction of themselves from last year I have 2 offers on the table to me.

1) my Wennberg (non keep) for his Vatanen (non keep)
    He also has Parayko and Ghost (not to mention Weber and Shatty but he won't part with them)

I haven't been all that thrilled with Vatanen but he's producing a bit more than Ghost and Parayko in our league. Wennberg is not a keeper for me and any of these 3 D could challenge Yandle, but likely assets to flip at end of year to recoup draft picks.

Or

2) huge offer to me by bottom feeder
    His E.Staal, Spugeon, Sekera and Lucic
    For my Eberle, Trouba, Marchessault and Streit.

Having acquired Simmonds, I no longer see Ebs as a RW keeper and Lucic may actually hold more value given his physical contribution on top of Points especially if he leap frogs Maroon for McDavids LW again. Ebs just doesn't seem to have chemistry with McDavid

Still, none of the players above are likely keepers, but I'm sure Lucic and maybe Staal would fetch a decent pick, maybe more then Ebs and Spurgeon and Sekera provide great Depth (but better than Streit/Trouba?)

That last deal will cost me a 4th...so not terribly expensive.

Thoughts?

I'm in a dog fight for 1st presently.

Tks

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Trade for? Vatanen, Ghost or Parayko

Both options are pretty good. I'd be targeting Parayko over Vatanen but that's just a personal preference. I could see either of them leap-frogging Yandle for your last keeper spot and Wennberg is not too steep of a price.

I think as a contender, you need to take the second deal, especially since it doesn't affect your keeper situation all that much. Definitely improves the ROS outlook for you in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Both options are pretty good. I'd be targeting Parayko over Vatanen but that's just a personal preference. I could see either of them leap-frogging Yandle for your last keeper spot and Wennberg is not too steep of a price.

I think as a contender, you need to take the second deal, especially since it doesn't affect your keeper situation all that much. Definitely improves the ROS outlook for you in my opinion.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks 4T2. I wasn't thinking the same thing. I'd sooner have Staal on mybench than Wennberg. With the 2nd deal I could have both Staal and Wennberg.

Or do I do both?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 4T2. I wasn't thinking the same thing. I'd sooner have Staal on mybench than Wennberg. With the 2nd deal I could have both Staal and Wennberg.

Or do I do both?

Dobber Sports Icon

I think I would do both, but I wouldn't feel as pressured to do the first trade if you pull the trigger on the second one. That being said, I think one of the D-men that are available to you would be a better option as either a keeper or trade bait a the end of the season than Wennberg will be.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed. Wennberg has been great and helped launch me into 1st. Queue market correction time.

Wennberg >=< Eberle ROS? Maybe I can flip him into deal 2 and keep the winger?

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Wennberg has been great and helped launch me into 1st. Queue market correction time.

Wennberg >=< Eberle ROS? Maybe I can flip him into deal 2 and keep the winger?