Thread: Allen or Scheider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Allen or Scheider

Hi guys

I want your tought on this one. Which one between Jake Allen and Cory Schneider would you take in a keeper league with the

following cats: W, L, SV, SV%, SHO. Do you think NJD can have a good team in front of schneider in the couples next year. Do you think

Allen will become an all-star?

thanks
    14 team daily fantrax keeper league

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2SKT, 1G, 4B.

C: Malkin, Toews, J.Staal, Point, Eriksson ek

LW: Marchand, Hertl, Greenway, Laine, Carrier,

RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Hornqvist, Voracek

D: Burns, Josi, Rielly, Ellis,Shattenkirk

G: Price, Holtby, Quick

Prospects: Bear, Timashov, J. Robertson, Mcloed, Formenton, Poehling, N. robertson, Gabriel, Sprong, Lyubushkin, Bilyalov, Comrie, Gillies, Desmith, Hofer

2016-17 NMOHL CHAMPIONS

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Allen or Scheider

It depends somewhat on how those categories are scored. If all are equally weighted, that's different than greater weight to certain things.

The first thing I note is that Allen's strength, primarily due to his team, is GAA, which you don't have. I will ignore shutouts, since they are pretty random between goalies that are roughly similar, and sometimes completely random. For example, Budaj is 4th in shutouts this year, which was unpredictable.

I think Allen is better at having less Losses, I think they are roughly even in Wins, and Schneider is better in SV%, and much much better in SV.

Wins & Losses are a team function more than just a goalie function, so if Schneider ends up with an average team in front of him, like last year, that would be enough to swing this in his direction pretty easily.

I feel Schneider is more talented than Allen. Allen is a decent goalie, but just a step above NHL average. He could grow into more, the Blues definitely made the right call keeping him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Allen or Scheider

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It depends somewhat on how those categories are scored. If all are equally weighted, that's different than greater weight to certain things.

The first thing I note is that Allen's strength, primarily due to his team, is GAA, which you don't have. I will ignore shutouts, since they are pretty random between goalies that are roughly similar, and sometimes completely random. For example, Budaj is 4th in shutouts this year, which was unpredictable.

I think Allen is better at having less Losses, I think they are roughly even in Wins, and Schneider is better in SV%, and much much better in SV.

Wins & Losses are a team function more than just a goalie function, so if Schneider ends up with an average team in front of him, like last year, that would be enough to swing this in his direction pretty easily.

I feel Schneider is more talented than Allen. Allen is a decent goalie, but just a step above NHL average. He could grow into more, the Blues definitely made the right call keeping him.
    See what I bolded above. That is how I see it too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy