Thread: DSedin & Ward for Nyquist & Varly

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default DSedin & Ward for Nyquist & Varly

which side do you like?
    the Ward side is looking for a pick as well ...I'm not so inclined
    and then im adding 10 years at W and 4 years at G
    but stabilizing my goalie situation for the stretch, with Helly looking shaky (am i though?)
    and getting a bit more short term strength at W (am I though..?)

tbh, not sure i like this even straight up ... Nyquist the only potential keeper in the mix i think... (though he's been annoying the hell out of me for a long time...)
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: DSedin & Ward for Nyquist & Varly

I don't believe in Varlamov. To such a degree that I believe in Ward as a reliable starter in comparison.
    Carolina resigned Ward when no one expected them too, so I don't think he is going anywhere after this years performance (At least so far).

I would take the Sedin & Ward side, but I wouldn't want to be giving up picks to make it happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe in Varlamov. To such a degree that I believe in Ward as a reliable starter in comparison.
    Carolina resigned Ward when no one expected them too, so I don't think he is going anywhere after this years performance (At least so far).

I would take the Sedin & Ward side, but I wouldn't want to be giving up picks to make it happen.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First off, this is really Sedin & Ward for Nyquist, because Varlamov is a vacant roster spot waiting to happen if there are any other goalies on the wire, or the team has goalie depth.

Sedin + Ward > Nyquist if you need a golaie, and you do - you were rostering Varlamov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Agree with Steve Gamer, but Varly could become the #1 guy in Las Vegas if the stars align properly. Even so, we are talking about A LOT of stars aligning for that to happen...

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with Steve Gamer, but Varly could become the #1 guy in Las Vegas if the stars align properly. Even so, we are talking about A LOT of stars aligning for that to happen...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not sure that Elvis plus the entire Rat Pack would be enough to make that go over well in Vegas, although to be fair Varlamov does look like dead goalie skating often. I don't see any real value in a "#1 goalie" who can hamstring all your rate categories by himself while playing for a bad team. Maybe he has a bit of a bounceback in another town, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

have not used Varly all year ...but was holding out hope that he's not a total write-off ...his prior 3-season avg is not all that bad (.920ish sv%) .... is he just irreparably done in that dressing room? his boobstomping miscreant way caught up with him once and for all?

or am I deluding myself that he and the Avs could have a push to respectability in the 2nd half?
    regardless, im not shelling out for Cam freaking Ward ...guy wont do it without a pick or some other lopsided deal, as is his wont

- - - Updated - - -

have not used Varly all year ...but was holding out hope that he's not a total write-off ...his prior 3-season avg is not all that bad (.920ish sv%) .... is he just irreparably done in that dressing room? his boobstomping miscreant way caught up with him once and for all?

or am I deluding myself that he and the Avs could have a push to respectability in the 2nd half?
    regardless, im not shelling out for Cam freaking Ward ...guy wont do it without a pick or some other lopsided deal, as is his wont
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree that Varly is a waste (the Avs generally are a steaming pile at this point, and Varly ain't helping matters).

Sedin and Ward are an improvement.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov