Thread: Parayko's future?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Parayko's future?

I'm not really sure what to expect from him in 4-5 years from now. I know that we're never really sure of anything in the NHL, but still... I wonder what we have in store with him.

On one hand, I see a bit of a Brent Burns type of career. Remember when Burns was a 0,5pt/game player in Minny? Big guy, howitzer of a shot. When Shatt gets out of town, he will be the lead dog in STL.

On the other hand, STL can go out and bring in a PP QB and Parayko never gets to the other level of development.

What do you guys think????

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Parayko's future?

Huge fan of Parayko's and do believe we'll see him emerge as the top-dog and a top fantasy D over the next few years.

Pretty sure you were just referencing Burns in terms of his emergence in general, not becoming arguably the top fantasy D in hockey. If so, I agree/believe Parayko will take that step. If you mean become who Burns is today/past 3 years - then no. Not that good.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Pronger 2.0

he'll be untouchable in keeper leagues once shattenkirk leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Pronger 2.0

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Huge fan of Parayko's and do believe we'll see him emerge as the top-dog and a top fantasy D over the next few years.

Pretty sure you were just referencing Burns in terms of his emergence in general, not becoming arguably the top fantasy D in hockey. If so, I agree/believe Parayko will take that step. If you mean become who Burns is today/past 3 years - then no. Not that good.

I meant to his general development, not the top 5 D in the NHL. I think that with D, you have to be careful on how we see things developing. Huge exemples of hot expectations that didn't last and huge unexpected D that becomes fantasy-relevant...

The Great One

Parayko is a buy low D for fantasy is there ever was one. Subtract Shatternkirk from the St. Louis equation (as will happen this summer), and Parayko becomes an all-around monster.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I meant to his general development, not the top 5 D in the NHL. I think that with D, you have to be careful on how we see things developing. Huge exemples of hot expectations that didn't last and huge unexpected D that becomes fantasy-relevant...
    Couldn't agree more Hollywood - and good on you for tempering the hype. Lots of D projected to be stars and don't do anything but flash in the pan.

That said, I stand by my personal opinion on Parayko. Eye test, shot rate, whatever... I REALLY like this kid and would throw my chips in on him much faster than the average "next D" youngster.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Padawan

Parayko's shot is something to behold. Teams are willing to pay a pretty penny for Dmen who can rocket the puck like that. Going to be a PP monster.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Pronger 2.0

He just doesn't have the mean streak that made Pronger so great. Parayko doesn't actually even hit that much; less than 1 hit per game this season which is just weird considering his size. He's more of a skilled offensive D-man who also happens to be big and has that big shot. Very good block numbers, though.

But yeah, he's already on pace to score 37 points this season and that's playing behind Shattenkirk all season long. I was hoping the Blues would have traded Shattenkirk already but maybe they'll wait until the off-season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    He just doesn't have the mean streak that made Pronger so great. Parayko doesn't actually even hit that much; less than 1 hit per game this season which is just weird considering his size. He's more of a skilled offensive D-man who also happens to be big and has that big shot. Very good block numbers, though.

But yeah, he's already on pace to score 37 points this season and that's playing behind Shattenkirk all season long. I was hoping the Blues would have traded Shattenkirk already but maybe they'll wait until the off-season.
    if Pronger was playing in the NHL now he would be banned before completing a full season lol.

the pronger comparison was the size + offense. i can't recall many D that have that combination, parayko is the closest thing i can think of.