Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zach Werenski whats stopping him from being the next Ghost?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Zach Werenski whats stopping him from being the next Ghost?

As others have said, Werenski is simply a better player than Ghost is today.. and three years younger. He's the complete package and has been producing as a teenager in a reasonably sustainable way. Sure the CBJ PP will slowly slide down the charts but that doesn't mean he won't continue to be a stud for fantasy teams.

I prefer a top pairing and top PP option to a third pairing and top PP guy. More sustained ice time and better linemates at 5v5 will help that even-strength production.

Ghost is suffering a bit this season and I'm fairly confident that he'll return to the 50 point player he should be next season - so long as Provorov doesn't rob him of all his PP1 time.

Werenski should do the same, consistent 45-55 point player with a small window for more.

- - - Updated - - -

As others have said, Werenski is simply a better player than Ghost is today.. and three years younger. He's the complete package and has been producing as a teenager in a reasonably sustainable way. Sure the CBJ PP will slowly slide down the charts but that doesn't mean he won't continue to be a stud for fantasy teams.

I prefer a top pairing and top PP option to a third pairing and top PP guy. More sustained ice time and better linemates at 5v5 will help that even-strength production.

Ghost is suffering a bit this season and I'm fairly confident that he'll return to the 50 point player he should be next season - so long as Provorov doesn't rob him of all his PP1 time.

Werenski should do the same, consistent 45-55 point player with a small window for more.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I think you may be just jumping on the Werenski hype train and as you got off the Ghost hype train at its last stop haha
    Haha, this is a fair point! That very well might be the case. However, I was on the Ghost hype train IN SPITE of the very strong statistical probability that he would regress. This time with Werenski at least there is less writing on the wall, more pedigree to trust, and less blind faith required.

With regard to Ghost, 4 goals and 15 assists through 43 games is very disappointing. Especially considering my unrealistic expectations for him going into the year (50-60 pt d man). Just as concerning as his low point total is the fact that 11 of his 15 assists this year are of the secondary variety, while only 4 are primaries. He isn't scoring goals and or setting guys up to score goals at a good enough rate to put up great numbers. In a dynasty league if I still owned him and someone was willing to buy him as a 50+ point defenseman I would sell. If someone was willing to sell Werenski as a 50 pt defenseman it would be tough... but I think I would buy.

The Great One

Sorry should have quantified this as I was doing it from memory as I have both and was looking to move one -

Werenski's 2nd quarter was a 37 point pace
    Ghost's second quarter was 33

Werensoi definitely has more 'name' value right now but he has cooled and I expect him to remain cool whilst optimistically hoping Ghost heats up.

Also re the shooting % I think we can all agree it was unsustainable but we expected the short fall to be made up through assists elswhere

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry should have quantified this as I was doing it from memory as I have both and was looking to move one -

Werenski's 2nd quarter was a 37 point pace
    Ghost's second quarter was 33

Werensoi definitely has more 'name' value right now but he has cooled and I expect him to remain cool whilst optimistically hoping Ghost heats up.

Also re the shooting % I think we can all agree it was unsustainable but we expected the short fall to be made up through assists elswhere
    Experience is the teacher of all things.