Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R. Strome showing some life?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: R. Strome showing some life?

Made the move to pick Strome up since I have several guys on their bye weeks this week. He seems to have regained confidence and his spot on PP1 doesn't hurt either.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I picked him up in my keep all league... He is at the absolute end of my bench. Watching with extremely cautious optimism...

Back on January 6th kingpin pointed out that he had 7 points in last 8 games... then he proceeded to go on a 10 games scoreless streak from Jan 7 to Jan 26.

Strome has the tools... he was compared to guys like Spezza and Stamkos by experts prior to being drafted. But in order to merit keeper consideration he really needs to learn how to not go for long scoreless stretches. We'll see if he keeps it up or if you jinxed him again like kingpin did.
    LOL... I never did pick him up when I started the thread... and I was glad too after he tempted us only to follow it up with an extended cold streak...

Saw he heated back up again... remained on my watch list... then was scooped up by somebody else... I hate when that happens... Oh well..

People seem to have this attraction to Strome... I don't know what it is.. I have it too.. I did own him in that break out year...

I guess he's still "young enough" to not be written off..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    People seem to have this attraction to Strome... I don't know what it is.. I have it too.. I did own him in that break out year...

I guess he's still "young enough" to not be written off..
    Dobber Prospects Fantasy Outlook: A
    A first-line forward in the making and pretty much a sure thing to get there.

Hockey's Future Outlook:
    First-Line Forward - players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential.

Hockey Writers "Next Ones" Outlook:
    NHL Potential:
    #1 or 2 Offensive Centreman
    Fantasy Hockey Potential: Offensive = 9/10 Defensive = 6.5-7/10
    Risk-Reward Analysis:
    Risk = 1.5/5 Reward = 4.5/5
    NHL Player(s) Comparison:
    Jason Spezza, Tim Connolly, Steven Stamkos
    HOF comparison: Denis Savard

I think it is pretty easy to see why people have this attraction to Strome. He came into the NHL looking like a can't miss prospect and played pretty well in 2013-14 and 2014-15. Then last season he had a brutal season of regression, and he started this season slow. Many people blame the Islanders for their development efforts.

Whether he will ultimately reach his potential or not, who knows... but I can definitely see why people are interested in him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    .....Whether he will ultimately reach his potential or not, who knows... but I can definitely see why people are interested in him.

Alright point taken - Nice work digging that up btw.. solid

so again, too young to be written off... we shall see

Dobber Sports Pro