Thread: Last chance to help me!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Last chance to help me!

Draft is next sunday.

I\'m still undicided with who\'s the best combo I could get with my 2 and 5 overall.

1)Filatov + Giroux (that was my choice before camp)
    2)Berglund + Giroux (after seing Berglund\'s perfomance I Can\'t pass on him)

What would you do???

Dobber Sports Sage

Filatov + Berglund

both of these kids have a higher upside (than Giroux), IMO, and a more realistical chance of hitting their upsides (a lot sooner too...well, in Filatov\'s case that may be arguable but the fact that his upside is higher than both Berglund and Giroux\'s is not).
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, those would be the two for me as well.

I\'m going to assume, though, that you think one of them won\'t be there at #5 and that\'s why you have Giroux penciled in. If this is the case, I would (while gritting my teeth just like you will be) take Filatov over Berglund.
    9p8q45 bnuqp9

Dobber Sports Sage

I almost gaurantee that Filatov and Giroux will be taken ahead of Berglund... people are just starting to realize how special this young swede is and, depending on the knowledge of your league, most still rank Giroux ahead of him... Id go with Filatov for #2 and Berglund with #5
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Ninja

Filatov over Berglund any day of the week, no question at all.

The Great One

Filatov and Giroux. All three are great talents, but Berglund has been getting tons of hype recently which is making EVERYONE overrate him a bit. Don\'t get me wrong...he is a going to be very good, but Giroux and Filatov have been consistently ranked higher than Berglund and should continue to be, IMO.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

SeaDawg wrote:
    Filatov and Giroux. All three are great talents, but Berglund has been getting tons of hype recently which is making EVERYONE overrate him a bit. Don\'t get me wrong...he is a going to be very good, but Giroux and Filatov have been consistently ranked higher than Berglund and should continue to be, IMO.
    Time will tell Still Filatov and Berglund for me; Why Filatov? highest upside out of the 3. Why Berglund? will be given biggest role out of the 3 (this year); will suprise many; will be a 90 point player one day (reach it faster than Giroux).

EDIT: have you ever asked yourself why he is getting so much hype? or did you just think he is overated without watching him play? looking over his junior stats (well I wouldnt call Swedish Elite League junior)... if you want to see why there the hype is building up on this kid check out \"Ben10rules mancrush\" in the \"other\" section of the forum...IMO, he deserves all the hype and that thread will PROVE why.
    RW
    D
    G