Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mantha

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Monster Mantha

He's a rookie. As was mentioned multiple times earlier, he was bound to hit a rough patch. He still has 11 points over his last 14 games. Not to suggest the two are in the same league as prospects, but Matthews had a 5 game scoreless streak earlier this year too, it happens. Much more concerning than the lack of points recently is his decreasing minutes the past two games. As long as he gets 15+ minutes on a top 2 line and plays on one of the power play units, I like his chances of continuing to produce at a reasonable rate. Not a 60+ point rate like he was earlier, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I'm not eating any words there. How is that related to what you just said ("You also thought Marner was a grade below Nylander and Matthews...")? That has nothing to do with Matthews or Nylander. And yeah, I would still rather have Puljarvi and I think his upside is better.

Marner is not on par with Matthews. Sorry, but that's just fact. Matthews is simply in a different class.
    Jesus Ev... you can't humble up a little bit and say "Okay, you are right that I was way off with the Ryan Strome comparison on Marner"? That's like one of the easiest opportunities I've ever seen to graciously eat a bit of humble pie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Jesus Ev... you can't humble up a little bit and say "Okay, you are right that I was way off with the Ryan Strome comparison on Marner"? That's like one of the easiest opportunities I've ever seen to graciously eat a bit of humble pie.
    No, absolutely not, because that's not what he was talking about. He specifically said that I said Marner was below Nylander and Matthews. To reply with that post as proof of that made no sense.

Even if that is relevant to this discussion (it's not), Marner has also played a half a season in the NHL. Why should I be eating humble pie?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not eating any words there. How is that related to what you just said ("You also thought Marner was a grade below Nylander and Matthews...")? That has nothing to do with Matthews or Nylander. And yeah, I would still rather have Puljarvi and I think his upside is better.

Marner is not on par with Matthews. Sorry, but that's just fact. Matthews is simply in a different class.
    Well.. you should... when you compare the rookie scoring leader (71pt pace 39/45), who gets better and stronger every game (just look at the dangle in that Sat night shoot out vs. Ott) to Ryan Strome, who probably should return to the AHL.

My point here is that based on your incorrect projection of Marner means your anti-Mantha stance could be wrong as well. You were wrong on Marner.

- - - Updated - - -

No, absolutely not, because that's not what he was talking about. He specifically said that I said Marner was below Nylander and Matthews. To reply with that post as proof of that made no sense.

Even if that is relevant to this discussion (it's not), Marner has also played a half a season in the NHL. Why should I be eating humble pie?
    Because Strome is below all of Marner, Nylander & Matthews, by a desert mile
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Well.. you should... when you compare the rookie scoring leader (71pt pace 39/45), who gets better and stronger every game (just look at the dangle in that Sat night shoot out vs. Ott) to Ryan Strome, who probably should return to the AHL.

My point here is that based on your incorrect projection of Marner means your anti-Mantha stance could be wrong as well. You were wrong on Marner.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Strome is below all of Marner, Nylander & Matthews, by a desert mile
    Yeah, you are making zero sense here. Nice try. My post about Marner being Strome has n o t h i n g to do with Nylander or Matthews and how they compare to Marner.

And again, saying somebody is wrong about a player who has played 45 games is wrong. There is plenty of hockey and time left for me to be wrong. Not right now. And very arguable if Nylander is ahead of Strome when Strome was his age.

Mantha literally just had a huge streak himself and now he's looked down on. Rookies are unpredictable for the current season and beyond.

(i also don't care about a flukey "dangle" that was illegal in the first place).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yeah, you are making zero sense here. Nice try. My post about Marner being Strome has n o t h i n g to do with Nylander or Matthews and how they compare to Marner.

And again, saying somebody is wrong about a player who has played 45 games is wrong. There is plenty of hockey and time left for me to be wrong. Not right now. And very arguable if Nylander is ahead of Strome when Strome was his age.

Mantha literally just had a huge streak himself and now he's looked down on. Rookies are unpredictable for the current season and beyond.

(i also don't care about a flukey "dangle" that was illegal in the first place).
    Marner > Stone... Guess who'll hit 70pts in a season first?

Banned

Again deflecting and talking about something not related to what we are discussing. Great job, pal. You're very good at something at least.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Again deflecting and talking about something not related to what we are discussing. Great job, pal. You're very good at something at least.
    It's not deflecting... it's trolling. that much should have been obvious. And no, Strome was never as good as Nylander at 19. Not even close.

Banned

It's not deflecting... it's trolling. that much should have been obvious. And no, Strome was never as good as Nylander at 19. Not even close.
    I have no time for trolling. Take care.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I have no time for trolling. Take care.
    I disagree with you there too.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I disagree with you there too.
    HE'S BACK!!!! 80 next year!

Dobber Sports Pro

Haha. Nice to have a couple of monster sightings lately. Hope he can deliver tonight too.

Dobber Sports Sage

Third straight games with points. Looks like our boy has punched back in and is starting up another run.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Third straight games with points. Looks like our boy has punched back in and is starting up another run.
    Mantha >>>>> Stone

Dobber Sports Apprentice

7 pims tonight.
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Ianclark5525 View Post
    7 pims tonight.