Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halak waived

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Halak waived

The only team that could be desperate enough to take on that contract and level of play at the moment, is the Islanders... but wait, that doesn't work!
    So yeah, he's likely down in the minors now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why would any free agent goalie that has options now sign a contract with Isles as long as Snow is the GM? I am sure Snow's rep around the league with agents and players have taken a hit. I know Allen Walsh is not a fan.
    He totally mishandled the goalie situation. 3 goalie rotations hardly ever work out. It was reported that Snow promised all 3 goalies prior to the season that one would be moved. Berube has basically wasted 2 years of his career sitting in the press box. Greiss is a UFA will probably not want to sign with this circus. With Halak they either do not play him for two weeks or start him 10 games straight which is not used to either and wonder why he has been ineffective

- - - Updated - - -

Why would any free agent goalie that has options now sign a contract with Isles as long as Snow is the GM? I am sure Snow's rep around the league with agents and players have taken a hit. I know Allen Walsh is not a fan.
    He totally mishandled the goalie situation. 3 goalie rotations hardly ever work out. It was reported that Snow promised all 3 goalies prior to the season that one would be moved. Berube has basically wasted 2 years of his career sitting in the press box. Greiss is a UFA will probably not want to sign with this circus. With Halak they either do not play him for two weeks or start him 10 games straight which is not used to either and wonder why he has been ineffective
    One Year Roto. 12 teams
    Cats: Goals (Weighted Twice) Assists(Weighted Twice), SOG, Power Play Points.
    Goalie Cats: Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts

Positions: 7 Forwards, 3 D, 2 goalies

F A Matthews
    F Laine
    F Kuznetzov
    F Monahan
    F Petterson
    F Duchene
    F Granlund
    D Krug
    D Yandle
    D Werenski

G Vasilevsky
    G Luongo/ Quick

Bench: Nylander, Tuch, T Wilson, Oshie, C. Miller, C Peterson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Surprised to see this but I don't see anyone claiming Halak. I also don't see him giving up the salary he's about to get next year, so I guess he has no other option than to report to the AHL team.

I never understood the need to have Berube on their roster. I mean, he's a decent young goalie but not worth all this drama. Everyone would have been much happier if they just went with Halak and Greiss.

But yeah, Halak has no trade value, so the two sides are likely stuck with each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised to see this but I don't see anyone claiming Halak. I also don't see him giving up the salary he's about to get next year, so I guess he has no other option than to report to the AHL team.

I never understood the need to have Berube on their roster. I mean, he's a decent young goalie but not worth all this drama. Everyone would have been much happier if they just went with Halak and Greiss.

But yeah, Halak has no trade value, so the two sides are likely stuck with each other.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Crazy to see but ya...can't see anyone claiming him

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...30592726978560

In addition to his $4.5M cap for next season, teams interested in claiming Halak will require at least $2.5M in cap space for this season.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/814930592726978560

In addition to his $4.5M cap for next season, teams interested in claiming Halak will require at least $2.5M in cap space for this season.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/814931318719049729

There are currently 8 teams that have $2.5M or more in projected cap space for the remainder of this season

BOS
    NAS
    EDM
    OTT
    WPG
    FLA
    NJD
    CAR
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/814931318719049729

There are currently 8 teams that have $2.5M or more in projected cap space for the remainder of this season

BOS
    NAS
    EDM
    OTT
    WPG
    FLA
    NJD
    CAR
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I highly doubt anyone claims him. Far more likely we'll see a trade with salary retention.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What about Ottawa, if Anderson is gone for the season? Or do the remaining years make it not worthwhile?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

On another messageboard there has speculation that maybe St Louis would want him back. Allen hasn't been that much better than Halak this season and St Louis is a far superior team than Isles. Hutton is not a great backup. Not sure if he had a bad parting of the ways with Hitchcock when he was on the team a few years ago though
    One Year Roto. 12 teams
    Cats: Goals (Weighted Twice) Assists(Weighted Twice), SOG, Power Play Points.
    Goalie Cats: Wins, GAA, SV %, Shutouts

Positions: 7 Forwards, 3 D, 2 goalies

F A Matthews
    F Laine
    F Kuznetzov
    F Monahan
    F Petterson
    F Duchene
    F Granlund
    D Krug
    D Yandle
    D Werenski

G Vasilevsky
    G Luongo/ Quick

Bench: Nylander, Tuch, T Wilson, Oshie, C. Miller, C Peterson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jeff416 View Post
    What about Ottawa, if Anderson is gone for the season? Or do the remaining years make it not worthwhile?
    It might make sense in the short term, if Halak was on an expiring contract, then sure. But he's not, and Ottawa won't want to commit to that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It might make sense in the short term, if Halak was on an expiring contract, then sure. But he's not, and Ottawa won't want to commit to that.
    He only has one more year after this one. I doubt it happens but they need to make the playoffs and if they thought Anderson would be out for a long time, then it makes sense. But I doubt Anderson is out long

The Great One

Ottawa have done it before with Condon and with the up and down nature of Anderson then maybe it makes sense and next season he stays on IR all year to be with his wife? Would be a reward to Anderson for his service without hampering the team?

Im so glad of the Greiss handcuff in my one league but I do hope that this means I inherit a second starter and not a minor league bus rider at the end of this...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Great One

Ottawa have done it before with Condon and with the up and down nature of Anderson then maybe it makes sense and next season he stays on IR all year to be with his wife? Would be a reward to Anderson for his service without hampering the team?

Im so glad of the Greiss handcuff in my one league but I do hope that this means I inherit a second starter and not a minor league bus rider at the end of this...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post

I don't think there would be a need to be with his wife next season. She should be fine by then.

Also don't think you can put somebody on ir without injury. He would have to sacrifice pay.

Dobber Sports Master

halak has been available for trade since last season so snow (uggh , I cant even type his name without wanting to puke)probably knows who is interested if he eats a portion of jaro's salary or what said teams want to trade back (bad contract for bad contract type of move)

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...42063079829504

Halak has cleared waivers & will report to Bridgeport of the #AHL. The assignment saves the #Islanders $950K ($527,777 prorated) on the cap.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/815242063079829504

Halak has cleared waivers & will report to Bridgeport of the #AHL. The assignment saves the #Islanders $950K ($527,777 prorated) on the cap.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."