Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which goalies Vegas will draft?

The Great One

Default Re: Which goalies Vegas will draft?

60% of the cap maximum from this season so approx 44 million on 23 players

- - - Updated - - -

60% of the cap maximum from this season so approx 44 million on 23 players
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

my point was that considering their other options, they don't have much to lose by taking subban and hoping for the best. i don't think beleskey or hayes have much worth, so why not take a chance on what is basically the only goalie that can still be considered a prospect available. obviously he's trending in the wrong direction, but they could hope that a change of scenery will help him. he's never really the starting job all to himself in the ahl so maybe having more playing time in the ahl (on what i could only imagine will be a horrific team) will help.

The Great One

After a quick browse I'd think there would be more appeal to take guys like Korpisalo, Forsberg, Brossoit, Wedgewood, Skapski, Stolarz, maybe even Coreau and Gudleskivs as they have either shown better in the A or looked good in NHL exposure (I've listed them all as I know side deals will take place to protect other players and these may be trade chips that are floated) as Vegas will want to be competitive as quickly as possible but we will see
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Bishop situation will be sorted out before the expansion draft since Vegas has that 48 hour negotiating window with all exposed UFAs and RFAs, so they can sign Bishop before the expansion draft starts (obviously they cannot draft anyone from Tampa then).

From what I've heard, Vegas won't have their own AHL team next season, so they'll probably need to have a shared AHL team with some other NHL team. That means that their goalie prospect(s) may not get all that much ice-time.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bishop situation will be sorted out before the expansion draft since Vegas has that 48 hour negotiating window with all exposed UFAs and RFAs, so they can sign Bishop before the expansion draft starts (obviously they cannot draft anyone from Tampa then).

From what I've heard, Vegas won't have their own AHL team next season, so they'll probably need to have a shared AHL team with some other NHL team. That means that their goalie prospect(s) may not get all that much ice-time.