Thread: Nikita Gusev

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Nikita Gusev

I really like Gusev. I don't have any room for him in my prospects. I want to keep Kaprizov and Raddysh. I think I should keep Labanc. Montour I really like but not sure with all of Anaheim's D. Should I try to move Montour or another prospect and get something out of them to make room for Gusev? Or wait until next year and hope nobody gets him. Than I could put him on my main roster and get rid of Stralman or another player.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Nikita Gusev

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    I really like Gusev. I don't have any room for him in my prospects. I want to keep Kaprizov and Raddysh. I think I should keep Labanc. Montour I really like but not sure with all of Anaheim's D. Should I try to move Montour or another prospect and get something out of them to make room for Gusev? Or wait until next year and hope nobody gets him. Than I could put him on my main roster and get rid of Stralman or another player.
    I think Gusev is a better player/prospect than Kaprizov or Raddysh. One of the most skilled players outside the NHL right now. I love watching Gusev and Keller. Both are tremendous talents and I would want either guy on my team. Of course he is a boom or bust player here but as most people know, i am a gambling man.

I read on HFboards that gusev was wanting to have one very solid year before transitioning to the nhl. he apparently has an out clause on his contract so im hoping he comes over next season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Don't go dropping Kaprizov or Raddysh for Gusev, that would be silly.

If you can trade Montour or Labanc for draft picks, then that makes sense.

The Great One

Wth any moves for prospects I think I try and hold off until after the expansion draft as teams will have spots open up from it which may accelerate some prospects development/graduation to the NHL. Montour is one of those that I think will benefit from it TBH so if you desperately want to make a move then Labanc would be my pick
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Wth any moves for prospects I think I try and hold off until after the expansion draft as teams will have spots open up from it which may accelerate some prospects development/graduation to the NHL. Montour is one of those that I think will benefit from it TBH so if you desperately want to make a move then Labanc would be my pick
    Good insight on the expansion draft. Anaheim may trade Fowler as well. Than either lose Silfverberg or another D man.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd keep Gusev over Raddysh.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I think Gusev is a better player/prospect than Kaprizov or Raddysh. One of the most skilled players outside the NHL right now. I love watching Gusev and Keller. Both are tremendous talents and I would want either guy on my team. Of course he is a boom or bust player here but as most people know, i am a gambling man.

I read on HFboards that gusev was wanting to have one very solid year before transitioning to the nhl. he apparently has an out clause on his contract so im hoping he comes over next season.
    Where exactly do you watch gusev?

Anyway, don't see him ever making it.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Where exactly do you watch gusev?

Anyway, don't see him ever making it.
    Ive streamed the odd game. Can find many of his highlights on youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb0XM1vcLeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEFCMNwzTws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1hebKi8_3M

he has stated he is willing to come to north america.

Banned

Highlights are a poor judgment of talent, jut FYI. They're called highlights for a reason.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Highlights are a poor judgment of talent, jut FYI. They're called highlights for a reason.
    Very true. You only see the good of the player, you don't see anything bad he does or whatever he's doing without the puck. So you might get a good look at the player's offensive skills but you still have no idea if his game could translate to the NHL.

Dobber Sports Initiate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb0XM1vcLeM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEFCMNwzTws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1hebKi8_3M

he has stated he is willing to come to north america.
    Looks to have quite a lethal shot

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm just waiting to make a 2for1 or 3for2 trade so I can open up a roster spot and snake Gusev out of free agency. I think he's got a real shot at a Panarin-like impact next season. He'll be 25 and he's only coming over to play in the NHL, in a top six role.. hopefully next to his bestie in Kucherov.

Risk/Reward combo. Just the way I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just waiting to make a 2for1 or 3for2 trade so I can open up a roster spot and snake Gusev out of free agency. I think he's got a real shot at a Panarin-like impact next season. He'll be 25 and he's only coming over to play in the NHL, in a top six role.. hopefully next to his bestie in Kucherov.

Risk/Reward combo. Just the way I like it.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

Doesn't he have a year left on his deal and won't be able to come over till 2018/2019?
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Initiate

His contract is over at the end of next year. But he could buy it out