Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mason is back with a vengeance.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Mason is back with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    Don't get me wrong... those stats are nice, but if they don't help you in fantasy, what's the point - What I'm saying is, advanced research shows he is a good goalie...

I'd say just simply blaming his Defence is folly... perhaps there is other factors... Does Philly take alot of penalties and which thus subject him to more difficult work? Maybe he is just inconsistent as we've observed? Hard to put that into a science tho...

If you can't stomach the ups and downs, then pass on him... but if you're into mining data to uncover player's skills, he shows to be above average
    This is the type of posting you make when you have Mason and you know the guy you're looking to trade him to reads the forum.

It's the exact opposite of those player updates where they trash the guy you're trying to trade...like, how am I supposed to trade the guy if you're little yellow flag for him says "avoid at all costs" or "maybe you can dump him on an unsuspecting GM"?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    This is the type of posting you make when you have Mason and you know the guy you're looking to trade him to reads the forum.

It's the exact opposite of those player updates where they trash the guy you're trying to trade...like, how am I supposed to trade the guy if you're little yellow flag for him says "avoid at all costs" or "maybe you can dump him on an unsuspecting GM"?

You're right...I'd likely use sexy stats like that if I was trying to pumping him up in a trade...but I'm not...I actually do think hes a good goalie I believe he will help my team down the stretch

Dobber Sports Superstar

I see a lot of resemblance to Kari Lehtonen in Mason, a highly-talented goaltender who just can't seem to connect all the dots.

In Lehtonen's case (at least), it's the inability to handle the pressure. When he's not in a pressure situation he'll play like a Vezina finalist.

Unfortunately for Mason, I think he's getting to the age (late 20s) where his career is likely to follow a similar trajectory.

Just my $0.02

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    You're right...I'd likely use sexy stats like that if I was trying to pumping him up in a trade...but I'm not...I actually do think hes a good goalie I believe he will help my team down the stretch
    I'm in the same boat as I have him. You can't cut him and no one will trade for him so we have no other options but to hope that Neuwirth poops the bed too and they start playing more like a team. I thought it was odd sitting Gudas since the guy seems to bring it every night but it is an indictment against the team in general. I wanted to blame the penalties last night but I think Van was 1/7 on the power play.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Now he's back again with a vengeance.