Thread: rob schremp

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default rob schremp

Any word on how he\'s doing in training camp and rookie camp(if he attended) would be greatly appreciated. I\'m a long time keeper owner and feel like it\'s a big decision year for whether to keep or try to trade him. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default rob schremp

He apparently looked great yesterday playing with Cogliano and Cole- the two fastest Oilers! Not only did he keep up, but he made the line dangerous with his cycling.

However, today hasn\'t gone nearly as well. He\'s been smothered on a line with two checkers during the Joey Moss Cup, and hasn\'t gotten on the scoreboard despite a high-scoring contest.

The big telling point will be how he does in pre-season, where he\'ll be a top-sixer.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default rob schremp

Lining up with Paukovich and O\'Marra is not a great way to see some scoring....hah.

But yes he did look fantastic yesterday by all accounts.

Hopefully he\'ll see some line 1 or 2 action in tomorrow\'s game. MacTavish has said he is going to get more opportunities this TC and Preseason.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default rob schremp

thanks for the update you guys!!!...if anyone gets a chance to see tonights game vs. the canucks, I\'d be curious to see how he does....thanks alot!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default rob schremp

mrbugg wrote:
    He apparently looked great yesterday playing with Cogliano and Cole- the two fastest Oilers! Not only did he keep up, but he made the line dangerous with his cycling.

However, today hasn\'t gone nearly as well. He\'s been smothered on a line with two checkers during the Joey Moss Cup, and hasn\'t gotten on the scoreboard despite a high-scoring contest.

The big telling point will be how he does in pre-season, where he\'ll be a top-sixer.
    goods new to ear!!! i have been holding on schremp for the last 3 years!! i didnt had to drop better player so its not that bad..
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default rob schremp

Schremp will be lining up with Gagner tonight, so he\'ll have a chance to be beside a skilled player.

pens09

Default rob schremp

I think this is the year schremp makes the show.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default rob schremp

Rob playing the best game I have ever seen him play in an Oilers uniform. He and Gagner are just dominating the Nucks down low.

I\'d give him an A+, but he\'s blown two open netters. Not a shooter, Robbie is.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default rob schremp

He did look good...crazy stickhandling and did a nice job passing...too bad about that penalty shot, but overall I was impressed!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default rob schremp

He started well but honestly I felt he was standing around or out of position a lot as the game went along and in the third period he did not look near as good.

I really am rooting hard for the kid though and would love to see him crack the roster.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default rob schremp

I was at that game too, but too be honnest I wasn\'t really all that impressed with his game. It\'s pretty bad when I didn\'t even notice he was playing until the end of the first. The biggest thing that jumped out at me about his play was the way he was unable to win battles down low to keep the play alive deep in the zone. IMO, he just didn\'t have the lower body strength/balance to compete again guys like Ohulund, Edler etc.

One guy who did really impress me though was Souray. It was crazy the amount of time and space the Canucks gave him when he had the puck on the point. Not to mention he scored a goal, hit a cross bar and had several other qulaity shots on goal.

10 Team Yahoo Points League

C: E.Staal, Nylander
    RW: Bouchard, Hossa
    LW: Parise, Michalek
    W: Huselius
    F: Vanek
    D: Niedermayer, Corvo, Weber, Timmonen
    G: Luongo, Miller
    BN: Bergeron, Pitkanen, Ray Whitney, Kuba, Mcdonald Ward
    IR: Ryan Whitney

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default rob schremp

Schremp\'s first was good in my eyes because he wasn\'t a liability at ES. He wasn\'t making any more moves than he needed to, he was getting rid of it smartly and efficiently, and he never gave it away.

I certainly agree that the third was when he started to look like a rookie. Ohlund dominated him behind the net on one shift, and I think Mitchell did too.

To be clear, Rob Schremp is still very much a perimeter player. That hasn\'t and likely never will change. But what we\'ve been waiting for is a player who won\'t kill us at even strength. We saw exactly that from Robbie last night. When he played simple, he played great, and I thought his communication with the D was especially good in terms of puck movement.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default rob schremp

I wasn\'t impressed at all. It\'s not that he looked bad, but he didn\'t stand out at all to me. When you don\'t notice someone on the ice, that\'s a bit of a warning sign to me.. I really didn\'t see him making a difference...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson