Thread: "% Started" numbers in Yahoo fantasy

Dobber Sports Monster

Default "% Started" numbers in Yahoo fantasy

I gloss over these numbers because they have no meaning to me whatsoever. I've never made a decision based on them, partially because I don't know how to interpret the numbers.

Anyone here use them?

I don't even know if they're calculated daily, if they're the average, if they exclude abandoned teams etc.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: "% Started" numbers in Yahoo fantasy

If all leagues were same size, say 12-team 3C/3LW/3RW leagues, I think they'd carry more interest.
    It's a carry-over stat/column from fantasy football where most leagues have the same roster allocation and are often the same size (10 or 12-team leagues).
    I check it occasionally in fantasy football, but can't say I ever use it for fantasy hockey.
    Mind you, I consider myself an "expert" in fantasy hockey and simply a "stat-cruncher" in fantasy football.

Dobber Sports Titan

Haven't ever used them in any fantasy sport, even in my first year of any of them. Bit of a waste of space at this point that yahoo could put to better use.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Never used them. I mostly look at % owned and even then, I take it with a grain of salt since league sizes vary wildly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

As others have mentioned, its inconsistency between leagues makes it fairly useless. I think it doesn include abandoned leagues because some of the numbers are pretty weird at times.
    I find it's only use, in both football or hockey, is to get a feel for what others are thinking / doing. Its a bit more useful in football, where rostering a guy just for the chance to play him once-or-twice is common place. Following any type of fantasy news website is far more useful though.
    I think % owned would be the better stat to have in that column. Or even better, Games Played!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not useful.