Thread: Trying to trade for Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Trying to trade for Jones

Keep 5 league in my sig.

Since we expanded to 14 teams, goalies have jumped to premium value. I am currently killing it in scoring, but getting molested in goalie categories. I had Reimer as a 3rd goalie, but have since dropped him to stream another F and D to at least take scoring handily.

My offer went out and is under consideration. It was

Seguin, Ehlers, Varlamov and my 2nd round pick(Snake draft, so if I finish near best, the 2nd is nearly a 1st)

For his Jones, Stepan and 4th rounder

He really does not want to give up Jones since his other goalies are Mason and Andersen. Andersen's recent hot streak and the leafs good play may make him consider him strong enough to be a keeper(Before the leafs inevitably collapse)

We just saw another trade in the league send Panarin, Schneider and a 2nd for Rask and a 1st. Its nuts, but the people making the offers are full of depth. I feel like I have the depth to lose as I am top scoring team in the league.

If I did this, I could still keep McDavid, Tavares, Galchenyuk and Talbot + Jones as my 5 for next year, but I still have decent scoring depth this year.

Offer has been out a full day now and he said he is thinking about it. He knows that is basically as high as I will go. I made that clear. Thoughts?

I am giving too much and should hit cancel? Or fair value? Should I make another offer?

Everyone in this league is pretty sharp.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Trying to trade for Jones

An overpay in my opinion, but if goalies are at such a high premium it may be worth it. Would you consider keeping Seguin and offering Tavares instead as I think the Islanders are a team with no direction while Dallas can at least still score goals and Seguin has Benn. Or maybe dangle Marchessault instead of Ehlers as I feel Marchessault will only be this hot until Huberdeau comes back while Ehlers is getting lots of TOI with Winnpeg's top line.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

I wonder if you can flip it up amd target Amdersen instead, and pay less for it, as the time to buy Jones was about 10-11 games ago
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Stud

He declined. Said we may look into other trades, but we are so busy with work that we will wait until new year to resume Phone calls.

On another note, I picked up Darling for the month now that Crawford is out. Doing the nitro dance! Bye Reimer!
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G