Thread: Which if any of these guys are break-out candidates?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Which if any of these guys are break-out candidates?

I'm looking for someone with a good shot at 60-plus pace for rest of year, and someone i would start over turris or drouin in a just-points 1-year league:

Reinhart (likely my choice)
    Horvat
    Zajac
    Rantanen
    Perron

Note: There is NO option in my league to pick a guy, ride him for a few weeks, then drop for someone else. Whomever i take is glued to me like a tarbaby for rest of year.

And I don't mean the "best shot at 60-plus." Emphasis on "good shot." (ie, if you doubt any are capable don't just pick one as the least bad option, just say none)
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Which if any of these guys are break-out candidates?

Reinhart is the only one with a 'shot' at 60 points, in my humble opinion. Rantanen has really heated up but even then is on a 45-point pace.

But honestly, I think Turris has the best chance to hit 60 points. He has been incredibly consistent in his points production.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

This year, I'd say Zajac is your best option to get something close to 60 points.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

The more i think about it i think Reinhart is a huge breakout candidate now that Eichel's back for the following reasons:

1. He was #2 draft pick in a good draft and dominated the world juniors on a winning CAD team. Elite NHL players almost always enter the league as elites among their peers, and elite players eventually hit ppg. I'm not saying Reinhart is doing that this year , but chances are he'll do that some year soon, and it's increasingly a young man's game. The guy who will win the scoring title this year is i believe a year younger than Reinhart, and played second fiddle as i recall to Reinhart's line in those juniors. Why not a big step this year?

2. Sabres offence has been anemic with Eichel out but now that he's on team i think it gives them two powerful lines, team will score more and have a better pp.

3. Reinhart is on top unit and top unit stays on for more than 60% of penalties. He also is on a potentially strong "2nd" line with Kane and Eichel.

What am i missing here?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Master

I like Reinhart too, but wouldn't be surprised to see Horvat close in on 60 points (55 maybe) given how well he has played lately and how much he has been employed by the Canucks as an offensive forward. Sneaky good.

I'd still take Reinhart over him though.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    The more i think about it i think Reinhart is a huge breakout candidate now that Eichel's back for the following reasons:

1. He was #2 draft pick in a good draft and dominated the world juniors on a winning CAD team. Elite NHL players almost always enter the league as elites among their peers, and elite players eventually hit ppg. I'm not saying Reinhart is doing that this year , but chances are he'll do that some year soon, and it's increasingly a young man's game. The guy who will win the scoring title this year is i believe a year younger than Reinhart, and played second fiddle as i recall to Reinhart's line in those juniors. Why not a big step this year?

2. Sabres offence has been anemic with Eichel out but now that he's on team i think it gives them two powerful lines, team will score more and have a better pp.

3. Reinhart is on top unit and top unit stays on for more than 60% of penalties. He also is on a potentially strong "2nd" line with Kane and Eichel.

What am i missing here?
    Agree 100%. He's at a 45+ pt pace despite the Sabres being so anemic over the first quarter, and the loss of Eichel and O'Reilly had an obvious impact - Reinhart is a great playmaker and shaping into an excellent leader, but no way he was ready, at such a tender age, to carry this team in the absence of the two best players on the team. I think he scores at a 60+ ROS and ends with 55 or so.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have to go with Reinhart here. I really like Eichel and with Reinhart playing shotgun... 60 is well in range. Don't forget Sam had 42 points in his first season and now with the added support in Buffalo and a healthy roster... I like his chances. I'm also pretty big on Perron but the problem with him is that at any moment he can get shuffled to a bottom six role due to the depth in St. Louis. However, Perron is receiving top PP time on a lethal unit and he is playing with Schwartz.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well, if he gets a point vs bruins today i may take him, and two i definitely will. I hate to do this before mid-January though as our league has this stupid re-draft where you protect your top players and then the bottom-feeders get to take one of your players, so I'll either lose him, turris or drouin. but if Sam plays as well as i hope he won't last till then.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

none

Reinhart - finishes with 50
    Horvat - finishes with 45
    Zajac - finishes with 50
    Rantanen - finishes with sub-45
    Perron - finishes with 50
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

what about Jason Spezza this year -- you guys reckon he will reach 50?
    Cheers!

—-

The Great One

No amd I agree with LakeSoup... Reinhart or Zajac will be closest (and I actually prefer Zajac in one year leagues). Would love to say Rantanen but the Avs are just odd at the moment
    Experience is the teacher of all things.