Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: iPhone 7 / 7+

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: iPhone 7 / 7+

I just got a 7+ last week. I migrated from a 5 so the difference is immense.

The camera is amazing. It is super fast.

The headphone issue is a PITA if you want to charge and listen at the same time. They ship it with earbuds that plug into the lightning connector and a dongle adapter for corded earphones. The earpods are $220. I'm loathe to spend that but probably will because Apple has me by the balls.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Yardie View Post
    I just got a 7+ last week. I migrated from a 5 so the difference is immense.

The camera is amazing. It is super fast.

The headphone issue is a PITA if you want to charge and listen at the same time. They ship it with earbuds that plug into the lightning connector and a dongle adapter for corded earphones. The earpods are $220. I'm loathe to spend that but probably will because Apple has me by the balls.
    at least youre honest about it!

Dobber Sports Star

I'm loathe to spend that but probably will because Apple has me by the balls.
    Life is better when you have control over your own balls.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

because Apple has me by the balls.
    Couldn't you just buy any other bluetooth headphones?
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    aint no need to be classy. i laid out some facts and you pulled some bullshit about how wrong I was. had you kept it at an opinion instead of flat out stating i was wrong then perhaps we could have had a good conversation. as it stands you just came off as an apple sit and spinner like a lot of others. the truth is for lots of people having to use yet another dongle is an absolute issue. i can get it that for you its not an issue but to flat out claim i am wrong is just moronic.
    In my first response, I was VERY clear to say "As far as I am concerned", and then I layed out my stance. You then said "it's a big con to to anyone who actually uses the headphone jack". Well, I actually use my headphone jack, and I think it's a "pro", so my statement that you are wrong when you say that anybody who uses it, thinks it's a big con, is correct.

Now, I pretty firmly believe that Apple is more concerned with profit than they are about good customer service or quality, and if you took the time to ask, you would realize that I think Apple is more "bad" than "good", but in this particular case, I think that no headphone jack is "good". I was willing to have that conversation with you, but you decided to, quite inappropriately, insult me. I know that you have been like this to many others on this site, and probably warned by moderators before, but you have never done anything inappropriate to me, until now...

So, again. Stay classy...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    In my first response, I was VERY clear to say "As far as I am concerned", and then I layed out my stance. You then said "it's a big con to to anyone who actually uses the headphone jack". Well, I actually use my headphone jack, and I think it's a "pro", so my statement that you are wrong when you say that anybody who uses it, thinks it's a big con, is correct.

Now, I pretty firmly believe that Apple is more concerned with profit than they are about good customer service or quality, and if you took the time to ask, you would realize that I think Apple is more "bad" than "good", but in this particular case, I think that no headphone jack is "good". I was willing to have that conversation with you, but you decided to, quite inappropriately, insult me. I know that you have been like this to many others on this site, and probably warned by moderators before, but you have never done anything inappropriate to me, until now...

So, again. Stay classy...

Rylant
    lol as if moderators give a crap about anything here. its a forum where people get banned and then create new accounts and come back admitting that they are the banned person but continue to behave the same way. its clear that dobber likes the trashtalk and the negative pr because it gets people posting. i was only warned once by anyone and that was dobber when i called ev names. since then ev was banned himself for being a dickhead and then came back to continue being a dickhead to everyone. i really have no desire to pretend to be nice when theres people who run all over the place treating each other like garbage here. thats the way these forums are. if you dont like it too bad thats just the way it is here.

now that i read your post again i see that you took issue with the exact phrasing of the word anyone. some sort of silly semantic discussion meant to piss people off. youre just as big a part of the toxic environment here as bigrataylorev, prairie dog, and i. welcome to the club. enjoy your stay!

i would welcome a change in the forums here where respectful discussion was valued and guys like myself, big shieky, and rataylor were tossed out like trash. but until that happens i look forward to laughing at people like you who try to pretend like they are trying to be civil when they are just hiding their potstirring in a different costume.

Dobber Sports Master

iwinthings, pull your head in. Please refrain from the type of exchange you are having right now. There is no place for it here and if it continues, I will send you an infraction.

Dobber Sports Master

I like the idea of deprecating 3.5mm headphones. They cannot transfer the data as quickly as a lightning cable can. This results in a better audio experience for the listener. I am all for anything that can increase the audio quality of my music. I spend a lot of time listening to music and its through the 3.5mm cable currently. I wont be upgrading anytime soon, but I do look forward to having an improved sound quality when I eventually do.

This change will drive manufacturer to produce headphones with lightning cables. As a natural result, the consumer will get access to technology that improves the experience. Personally, I am interested to see where it goes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    iwinthings, pull your head in. Please refrain from the type of exchange you are having right now. There is no place for it here and if it continues, I will send you an infraction.
    finally someone with a nutsack around here. good for you! i welcome the infraction if it means others will receive the same treatment for the way they treat people on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the idea of deprecating 3.5mm headphones. They cannot transfer the data as quickly as a lightning cable can. This results in a better audio experience for the listener. I am all for anything that can increase the audio quality of my music. I spend a lot of time listening to music and its through the 3.5mm cable currently. I wont be upgrading anytime soon, but I do look forward to having an improved sound quality when I eventually do.

This change will drive manufacturer to produce headphones with lightning cables. As a natural result, the consumer will get access to technology that improves the experience. Personally, I am interested to see where it goes.
    a reasonable response. take notice people.

Dobber Sports Star

I agree completely. Audio through lightning is better than the 3.5 jack, which is the biggest reason I am for the removal of 3.5. With Bluetooth and wireless technology constantly improving, and the quality of audio through lightning, sound is only going to get better moving forward.

Rylant

I have iPhone 6s+ and use wireless headphones (not blue tooth). No unusually excessive battery drain, and I listen to a shit-ton of podcasts and audiobooks. Maybe the blue tooth apps puts more drain on the battery than wireless? Dunno. But I also have a portable charger just in case of emergencies. I love not having to fuss with wired headphones, especially at gym.

My name is Bomm, and I jerk off to Steve Jobs. Unapologetically.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I agree completely. Audio through lightning is better than the 3.5 jack, which is the biggest reason I am for the removal of 3.5. With Bluetooth and wireless technology constantly improving, and the quality of audio through lightning, sound is only going to get better moving forward.

Rylant
    Can you buy headphones that instead of the 3.5mm jack it’s the lightning port? Because with the adaptor you’re still going through a 3.5mm jack so audio quality isn’t really increasing.

If the world goes to that Lightning port as the new jack, I’m all for it. But I remember when the old cells had the “Cellphone dependant Jacks” and it was a pain. If it’s just Apple, I’d get annoyed. I’m pretty sure they would hold the patent, and only they would produce (or sell the rights to produce) Lightning port headphones, which means instead of $20, they can charge $30.

I’m still for 3.5mm if the above happens (only Apple selling it). But everyone has their own ideas with Cells, that’s why there’s a million of them.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    My name is Bomm, and I jerk off to Steve Jobs. Unapologetically.
    Me too. My black turtleneck fetish is so seldom satisfied otherwise.

That said, I refuse to buy Apple products because my scientology masters dislike the competition....

Edit: The potential of the old 3.5mm pin going away is fascinating. Yes it suffers due to age, but it currently enjoys a universality not often seen in electronics these days.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Can you buy headphones that instead of the 3.5mm jack it’s the lightning port? Because with the adaptor you’re still going through a 3.5mm jack so audio quality isn’t really increasing.

If the world goes to that Lightning port as the new jack, I’m all for it. But I remember when the old cells had the “Cellphone dependant Jacks” and it was a pain. If it’s just Apple, I’d get annoyed. I’m pretty sure they would hold the patent, and only they would produce (or sell the rights to produce) Lightning port headphones, which means instead of $20, they can charge $30.

I’m still for 3.5mm if the above happens (only Apple selling it). But everyone has their own ideas with Cells, that’s why there’s a million of them.
    Yes you can now buy headphones which only have a lightning connection. With Apple actually doing this (a lot of people thought it was just talk...), it is going to potentially change the landscape for portable audio in the future. The technology is good right now, but because of this, it is going to get better. Personally, I like it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Yes, you can buy headphones that natively use the lightning connector. The iPhone 7 ships with them. There are already quite a few non-Apple options available. The number of iPhone users is huge, so I dont think it will take long before all vendors try and nab a piece of that market. Sony and Philips are already in the market along with some others. At the moment, they are at a premium price, but once more and more come into the market the price will come down.