Thread: Hockey Calendars...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Hockey Calendars...

why do they have to suck so damn bad and be so bloody out of date???

I just flipped to December 2016 of my Leafs calendar.. and guess which non-leaf graces the bloody month??

PHIL FRICKIN' KESSEL!! He was gone July 1, 2015 from the team. That left at least 3 months to replace his photo with someone else. Seriously... they gotta fix these things so they're somewhat accurate.

every team in every sport has got these issues I'm sure.

I bet Oklahoma fans will enjoy looking at Kevin Durant in December 2017.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I...am your father.

Default Re: Hockey Calendars...

Oh man, that's terrible.
    You have to get these on the shelves for at the very latest October 1st (most are up I'm guessing in early September). Factor in six weeks to print and distribute and the latest you can push this is mid-August. But most of these calendar companies are probably small-fry and need to get these printing earlier. That being said, everyone in the world knows that teams get shuffled on July 1st so at least make the final call in mid-July!

If you post a picture of that calendar page, I can tweet it and maybe it will go viral
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Oh man, that's terrible.
    You have to get these on the shelves for at the very latest October 1st (most are up I'm guessing in early September). Factor in six weeks to print and distribute and the latest you can push this is mid-August. But most of these calendar companies are probably small-fry and need to get these printing earlier. That being said, everyone in the world knows that teams get shuffled on July 1st so at least make the final call in mid-July!

If you post a picture of that calendar page, I can tweet it and maybe it will go viral
    I don't have a phone with me today, I'll see what I can do... this is something the NHL should have more control over, heh. I like the idea of being able to choose the 12 photos you want and paying extra to get who and what you want. It's a brilliant idea.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, that's awesome!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket