Thread: Goaltending is a disaster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goaltending is a disaster

Team in sig.

Drafted Fleury in the 6th round with an extra pick I had. Almost took Dubnyk... bad decision.

I slept on goalies the rest of the draft and took Niemi with my last pick. After the draft, I felt I had no choice but to add Lehtonen as the handcuff to round out my 3 goalies (max 3 goalies per roster).

So that's where I am. Because we can only have 3 goalies on the roster, I've missed out on some decent waiver adds early on.

Any insight on how I should proceed? Attempt to trade Fleury to Murray owner, who also owns Allen and Andersen? Drop one or both of the Dallas goalies? Suck it up and hope they rebound?

Current free agents, sorted by minutes played:
    Hutchinson
    Neuvirth (IR)
    Montoya
    Nilsson
    Hutton
    Bernier
    Greiss
    Darling
    Kuemper
    Kinkaid
    Grubauer
    Lack (IR)
    Condon
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Dell
    Enroth
    etc...

Standard Yahoo 12 team
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT | W SV% GAA SO

C: Johansen, Duchene, Marchessault
    LW: Ovechkin, B Tkachuk, Parise
    RW: Wheeler, Hoffman, Tuch
    D: Rielly, Edler, Montour, Theodore
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Raanta
    IR: Subban

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Goaltending is a disaster

I dont know if any of those FA options are much better...are you able to add Neuvirth directly off FA to IR? And if you do, does that count against you 1 G max? If so, you might as well stash him away. Other than thatI think you have to try to make a trade. Use some of that center depth you've got.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yikes...bad options all around. Trading Fleury for Andersen might not be terrible..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you need to suck it up for now. You are trying to sell reallll low of Fleury and everyone will know that. May want to wait until Fleury looks a bit less dismal.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Yikes...bad options all around. Trading Fleury for Andersen might not be terrible..
    This, Andersen's #'s are better than they appear if you eliminate the 1st 3/4 games he played while getting into game shape post injury.

Stolarz (didn't list, but) could be a nice sleeper here based on Philly's awful G so far.. getting the nod tonight..
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Your screwed��
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Most helpful: Hutchinson, maybe Condon while he is getting a lot of starts. I think stolarz could help you if he plays well out of the gate, the Philly net is very available.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I agree. Seems like your best option
    10 Team Keeper League. 2017 Champion
    Points only. H2H weekly changes. 36 player roster, dress 20 players - 12 F, 6 D, 2 G.

Forwards: (G=1, A=1)
    Patrick Kane, Stamkos, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marchand, Barzal, Voracek, Svechnikov, Mikael Granlund, Keller, Kevin Hayes, Borgstrom, Stepan, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Yamamoto, Tolvanen

Defence: (G=1, A=1)
    Shattenkirk, Byfuglien, Gostisbehere, Giordano, Goligoski, Niskanen, Montour, Severson, Girard, Boqvist, Brännström, Honka

Goalies: (W=2 + SO=2)
    Frederik Andersen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you don't have any add/drop limits on the season. I would drop one of the Dallas goalies (probably Lehtonen, but I don't know these two goalies well enough to make that call) and add Neuvirth and stash him in an IR spot by dropping Seidenberg (as long as it doesn't count to your goalie max 3). Then I would either grab Lehtonen again or just roll through available backups as they get starts. Then start working on a trade. All said you are in a rough spot. You may want to start planning for next year. Looking at your categories 1/3 of your cats are goalie stats so having decent goalies should be a high priority in your league settings. You should try and lock one down via trade (or see where MAF ends up and make him a keeper). Either way with your settings and number of teams in your league you should really have a solid keeper goalie.

In my opinion there is no goalie on your list worth owning but several worth picking up if they are getting a start. Even Neuvirth isn't worth owning right now the way Mason has been playing. But tucking him away now gives you first dibs once he is healthy if Mason starts slipping.