Thread: Talbot Value

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Talbot Value

I am currently looking for a 2nd tender. Talbot is the best one available. I will be trading back Dell and a pick, likely will have to be my 1st because my 2nd and 3rd are gone. My question is, is Talbot worth a 1st? I am looking really good to win this year so thats why i am willing to sacrifice.
    16 Team, Keep 4, Goal, Assist and GWG = 1, Goalie Win = 2, Shutout = 2
    Weekly matchup, 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G, 4BN, 2IR

F: Forsberg, Stone, Draisaitl, Wennberg, Marner, Ehlers, Teravainen, Simmonds, Niederreiter, Trocheck, Nelson, Stepan, Mik Granlund
    D: Hamilton, Hedman, Werenski, Gostisbehere, Ristolainen
    G: Jones, Luongo, Saros
    IR: Toffoli

2015/16 Division winner, first round playoff exit and 7th finish.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Talbot Value

Tough to say he's worth a first. Any way you can shop a play instead of a pick?
    He is a great option to shore up your goaltending though if you can make it work.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess a lot depends on where you think your 1st will be and the value of picks in your league vs the value of NHL starting goalies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

He wants Marner real bad and thats not a guy i can give up. He will be a cornerstone of my keepers for years to come.

F: Forsberg, Stone, Draisaitl, Wennberg, Marner, Ehlers, Teravainen, Simmonds, Niederreiter, Trocheck, Nelson, Stepan, Mik Granlund

Dobber Sports Deity

Who do you consider to be your four keepers if you had to choose today? Is Marner one of them?

Personally, I dont see Talbot as one of your keepers and as much as I'd like to acquire him, I'd be holding on to that 1st round pick if I were you. I'd be more willing to part with one of your younger assets to get him. If Jones goes down this year, you are in trouble, especially in a start 2G league.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

At this point i will be keeping Marner, Forsberg, Ehlers and Jones or somewhere along those lines. I will be considering a D man as well. Since next year i will have poor draft picks i want to keep based on upside to benefit in a couple years.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldnt keep any of your D but that's me.

I don't disagree with your keepers although Ehlers would be the only questionable one for me. Either way, if Marner is considered a keeper for you then there's no way I am dealing him away for someone you don't intend to keep. You have plenty of other solid options on your roster that you should be able to swing a deal for Talbot without giving up a keeper or that 1st round pick. See who else he likes.

Keep working it.

Dobber Sports Novice

He just said Ehlers, would you suggest a straight Ehlers for Talbot swap? I'm not stuck on keeping Ehlers, i have other good options.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by dabensmiller View Post
    He just said Ehlers, would you suggest a straight Ehlers for Talbot swap? I'm not stuck on keeping Ehlers, i have other good options.
    Personally, if it was me, I'd probably do that, but that's me. If you start 2G, you are probably losing out on points every night considering you are only really starting one (who ever is starting for SJ and that's normally Jones).

Considering your setup, if Talbot gets 25 wins, that's good for 50 points right there, and that doesnt include shutouts. I think Ehlers is probably right around there himself. I do agree you have other options worth considering keeping (Toffoli, Simmonds, Stone to name a few) over Ehlers.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally, if it was me, I'd probably do that, but that's me. If you start 2G, you are probably losing out on points every night considering you are only really starting one (who ever is starting for SJ and that's normally Jones).

Considering your setup, if Talbot gets 25 wins, that's good for 50 points right there, and that doesnt include shutouts. I think Ehlers is probably right around there himself. I do agree you have other options worth considering keeping (Toffoli, Simmonds, Stone to name a few) over Ehlers.
    I appreciate the insight.