Thread: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Beautiful Midnight Revisited

Any Matt Good fans out there?? His next tour is basically going to be him playing Beautiful Midnight from front to back every show.....it's my favorite MG album and probably my favorite album of all time.

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

I lost track of his songs/work over the years. I was a big fan of his back in the late 90's-early 2000's and still to this day, Hello Time Bomb is still one of my favorite songs. Beautiful Midnight is actually the only album of his that I've fully listened to.

Thanks for the info HR, I will check to see if the band comes to Montreal or nearby on this tour.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I lost track of his songs/work over the years. I was a big fan of his back in the late 90's-early 2000's and still to this day, Hello Time Bomb is still one of my favorite songs. Beautiful Midnight is actually the only album of his that I've fully listened to.

Thanks for the info HR, I will check to see if the band comes to Montreal or nearby on this tour.
    Ya he's released a ton of mediocre-good stuff in the past few years.....but Beautiful Midnight is probably his most popular album with Time Bomb, Load Me Up and Strange Days released from it.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

One of my fave Canadian albums of the 2000s.
    Tour looks likes he's going from Western Canada right out to the Martimes over a few month span, playing almost nightly.

Dobber Sports Master

Back in the late Nineties I saw a concert in Kitchener where Matt Good (just after Underdogs came out) opened for the Headstones (my favourite band). The tickets were $8 and that included two beer tickets.

Great show all around even though Matt Good hadn't fully hit his stride at that point.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Back in the late Nineties I saw a concert in Kitchener where Matt Good (just after Underdogs came out) opened for the Headstones (my favourite band). The tickets were $8 and that included two beer tickets.

Great show all around even though Matt Good hadn't fully hit his stride at that point.
    Well that would be nice these days.

Dobber Sports Titan

Love the album! Thanks for putting that on my radar, definitely will be checking that out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

Big fan of his earlier stuff - even into the 2000's, and I think Avalanche is my favourite of his.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin