Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sam Bennett

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Sam Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    CaptainCally, the update is that Sam Bennett sucks. He was rushed, maybe that was it, but he can't score. He might be a forever bust because he was rushed. Some guys never recover from that. I see nothing in his play this year that suggests he will become a top line scorer, a la 60-65+points and I have no idea why. I really wish he hadn't gotten hurt that year where his draft class played in the WJC. Might have given him a chance to develop the kind of confidence needed to become a top player. Instead, that confidence went to Sam Reinhart.. bah!
    I am not sure it has to do with him being rushed as much as it is a lack of opportunity in the right role. He's been skating in a bottom six role with guys like Bouma and Chaisson lately. Monahan and Backlund are playing in a top six role down the middle so unless they want to move Bennett to a wing (which they did in his rookie year), he's a bottom six player for now. I wouldn't worry about him too much early on. Plenty of time for him to come along.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not sure it has to do with him being rushed as much as it is a lack of opportunity in the right role. He's been skating in a bottom six role with guys like Bouma and Chaisson lately. Monahan and Backlund are playing in a top six role down the middle so unless they want to move Bennett to a wing (which they did in his rookie year), he's a bottom six player for now. I wouldn't worry about him too much early on. Plenty of time for him to come along.
    Damn you Axeman and your patience and rational sense! You kill me. Today I feel like being impatient and irrational lol.. maybe because if Sam Bennett was tearing it up right now, I could use him in my fantasy championship run, which right now is falling short. Instead, he starts fights, in what is a points-only league lol.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    CaptainCally, the update is that Sam Bennett sucks. He was rushed, maybe that was it, but he can't score. He might be a forever bust because he was rushed. Some guys never recover from that. I see nothing in his play this year that suggests he will become a top line scorer, a la 60-65+points and I have no idea why. I really wish he hadn't gotten hurt that year where his draft class played in the WJC. Might have given him a chance to develop the kind of confidence needed to become a top player. Instead, that confidence went to Sam Reinhart.. bah!
    Sam Bennett for sure is the only player ever to suffer a sophomore slump. Oh right, this is his sophomore season. He'll be fine. He still dominates games at points, he's just very inconsistent. He lost a year of development to shoulder surgery. I'm not at all worried about Sam.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sam Bennett for sure is the only player ever to suffer a sophomore slump. Oh right, this is his sophomore season. He'll be fine. He still dominates games at points, he's just very inconsistent. He lost a year of development to shoulder surgery. I'm not at all worried about Sam.
    I know you're a fan rataylor, I just hope you'll be right.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Let's see what he does over the next two seasons for me - he's shown enough for me - yes I'd want more but I'm greedy lol truth is it doesn't fall into young players laps and it's another frustration of owning young guys - they need time to mature
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded Bennett for Teravainen two years ago and it feels like both have just hung out together in fantasy hockey purgatory since then.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Sorry Bennett owners, and I know it's still early, but I've watched a tonne of Flames games and I see bust.

He reminds me of Yakupov - good hands, good speed, but not much else. I don't know what it is. Below average hockey sense maybe.
    Or the speed and size of the NHL just overwhelms him I guess.
    I don't buy the argument about no quality ice time.
    Earlier this year he was given chances to play with Gaudreau and was like a boat anchor to him.

(edit: still early, of course, and I hope he proves me wrong as I do think he's a good kid)
    I know some are fans, but I made it a point to watch like a dozen Flames games this season (I sold my wife on the fact that Gio is her cousin lol) and I see bust too. I just don't see a guy who drives the offense. He has some physical tools, but I think you might be right on the hockey sense and maybe even the drive. Just doesn't seem to have it. He's a disappointment for sure.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I traded Bennett for Teravainen two years ago and it feels like both have just hung out together in fantasy hockey purgatory since then.

Ha!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I included him in a package for Malkin and I've been Malkin it ever since!
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Boy am I ever glad I traded Larkin instead of him..........

I mean.....what?

- - - Updated - - -

Boy am I ever glad I traded Larkin instead of him..........

I mean.....what?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin