Thread: Tim and Sid

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Tim and Sid

Not sure if any of you are watchers or listeners of Tim and Sid. But they make sports talk show fun! If you have not given them a shot... I would strongly suggest it!

This is one of the best videos from them! https://youtu.be/h4tBZKONiVg?t=618

Love these guys! so funny and they get great interviews on the show!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Default Re: Tim and Sid

I feel Sid tries way too hard to be funny.. I feel like he tries to be like Anchorman or like Jay Onrait..

You are right though, they are quite funny.. Within moderation for me, HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

There are times that I would agree that Sid is trying really hard. But there are other times where they get on a roll and are naturally funny.

Dobber Sports Monster

I agree on Sid...I have seen and heard far too many forced, slightly generic attempts at humour from him. Maybe I need to give him another shot. But I prefer hockey talk much above anything else and I feel they mix it up a lot. Then again I really like the OverDrive guys on TSN 1050 and they ramble and talk about the whole sports world.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I like them in small doses.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I actually liked them a lot better when they were on the fan 590 from 1pm - 4pm ET. We had a great time listening to them at work almost everyday.
    Now I find it hard to catch them on TV at the new evening time.
    When I do watch them, I feel like it's not as good and I don't like the recorded stuff they edit with guests.
    Still funny though.
    10 Team Keeper League. 2017 Champion
    Points only. H2H weekly changes. 36 player roster, dress 20 players - 12 F, 6 D, 2 G.

Forwards: (G=1, A=1)
    Patrick Kane, Stamkos, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marchand, Barzal, Voracek, Svechnikov, Mikael Granlund, Keller, Kevin Hayes, Borgstrom, Stepan, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Yamamoto, Tolvanen

Defence: (G=1, A=1)
    Shattenkirk, Byfuglien, Gostisbehere, Giordano, Goligoski, Niskanen, Montour, Severson, Girard, Boqvist, Brännström, Honka

Goalies: (W=2 + SO=2)
    Frederik Andersen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s stuff like yesterdays, and Tuesdays episode where I lose interest quickly. They spent too much time on the election/polls and sped through some interesting sports topics. They either need to cut down on the time to focus them a bit more, or tell them to get back on track sooner.

For sports tho, I really enjoy them. But this derailment they do too often gets old. In Baseball season they are great because there’s a game every day and they have something to talk about. When it’s NHL/NBA, there’s days in between Toronto games and it seems like they try and fill their 2hr slot.

Also seems like their hockey knowledge is limited. Or they aren’t as passionate with hockey as the Jays.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by rempel1 View Post
    I actually liked them a lot better when they were on the fan 590 from 1pm - 4pm ET. We had a great time listening to them at work almost everyday.
    Now I find it hard to catch them on TV at the new evening time.
    When I do watch them, I feel like it's not as good and I don't like the recorded stuff they edit with guests.
    Still funny though.
    I agree... there 1-4 show was way better. They had more time to add in their funny segments (Like Cut or Uncut) and play more match games. Now that they are on TV... they are often cut short by Jays games and hockey on Sportsnet.

I agree 100% that the TV show is not the same the talk show was... and I never watch them live. I usually toss a recording on from Tune-in Radio the following morning at work.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    There are times that I would agree that Sid is trying really hard. But there are other times where they get on a roll and are naturally funny.
    I would agree with you on this.. Definitely some funny moments..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

I miss their radio show. I am rarely home to watch soemthing at 5pm and listening to it on a podcast just isn't the same.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Andrew Walker is awesome. Tim and Sid? �� IMO. Not funny, try way too hard. Just how I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

(That was supposed to be a trash symbol)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Andrew Walker is awesome. Tim and Sid? �� IMO. Not funny, try way too hard. Just how I feel.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely hate Andrew Walker. Probably because they've clearly made him change his persona to be more controversial than he was with Greg Brady (who I hated).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Agree cant stand them