Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bet made with friend! Laine vs Ovi Goals this year

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Bet made with friend! Laine vs Ovi Goals this year

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Wow... this is what makes hockey so great. All of us thought Ovy was the solid choice and right now the race is tight...
    If Ovie had even put up modest career numbers this wouldn't have been close. Out $100 due to Ovie's poor offensive year more than Laine putting up any kind of historic year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Guru

Looks like Bondon is buying dinner too!

This year he wins if one of two things happen:
    1) McDavid wins the Art Ross

2) Matthews hits 70 points
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I love it. I make similar bets with a buddy of mine. There's this restaurant that we both love to go to so we make a bet every year and name it after the restaurant - loser has to take the winner out to dinner there, but we both love it so much that it doesn't matter who pays for it.

Last year I won because I took the under on McDavid hitting 70 points. I offered to call the bet a wash if McD missed significant time to injury at the start of the season but he didn't take it. His exact words were "there's no way McJesus gets hurt"

This year he wins if one of two things happen:
    1) McDavid wins the Art Ross
    2) Matthews hits 70 points

Anyway on to your question, I still definitely take Ovechkin. I think the small buffer that Laine has now is pretty fair considering you're talking about a rookie going up against one of, if not the best goalscorer of the last decade.
    Looks like both will likely happen. 2 dinners?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is how it has gone this year.

Made this bet when Laine was 4 goals ahead. He kept producing until he got briefly injured, then Ovi overtook him and it looked like he could hold him back the entire year until Ovi had that worst goal scoring drought in his career, then for me it was all but over until last night. Now it's a race to the finish.

Ovi is hot but I feel Laine has one more streak in him this year. He had 6 shot's last night so I think he's ready to bust out. It comes down to if Ovi can maintain his streak and if Laine can go on another one. Defiantly sweating this bet.
    My prediction... Ovy is going to go on a streak...and get up by 2. going into the last weekend.

Washington will clinch the presidents trophy and sit ovy and backstrom for the last game of the year. Then Laine, down 2, going into the last game of the year...and end the season with a hattrick.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My prediction... Ovy is going to go on a streak...and get up by 2. going into the last weekend.

Washington will clinch the presidents trophy and sit ovy and backstrom for the last game of the year. Then Laine, down 2, going into the last game of the year...and end the season with a hattrick.
    Your breaking my heart man.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a bet! Ovie was the right side though. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets up ahead of Laine next year again all season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Your breaking my heart man.
    Sorry I just like dramatic finishes.. and with Ovy being Laine's role model... I figured it would be suiting.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This should be good! I'll be keeping an eye on this bet but for my own fantasy sake, I hope Laine goes on one last run.
    Keeper League est 2012
    2015-2016 Champion
    13 team - Pts Standing
    20 plyr (3 C/R/L, 4 D, 2G), 10 farm
    Salary 82M, +1M/Keeper
    10 Keepers
    FA Auction (max 5) + 3 round prospect draft

G,A,PPP,OG = 1, PIM, +/- = 0.25, Block/Hits = 0.1
    W = 2, SHO = 3, ShW = 1