Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Over/Under on election day riots?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Over/Under on election day riots?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Anybody in Canada got a cot I can crash on?

Largest drop in US stock market history coming tomorrow, get out tonight if you can.
    Come on up fella! I can find a spot for ya!

Banned

I bet you the trump presidency will be looked back upon and praised heavily. Remember that Obama hope and change garbage, well turns out that changed not a whole lot.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    I bet you the trump presidency will be looked back upon and praised heavily. Remember that Obama hope and change garbage, well turns out that changed not a whole lot.
    hahahaha youre the ultimate troll. i am in awe at your powers. bigshiekev for king of ottawa 2017!

Dobber Sports Master

If elections were fantasy hockey it feels like the Dems just started Montoya against the Bluejackets....
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Seriously though... are those dating websites to match up Canadians with Americans looking to move real? I'm too cheap to buy a mail order bride so this could work for me...

(note, auto correct of 'male' order bride takes you down a different path)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Serious Brexit deja vu...
    However, unlike Britain the day after Brexit, the wahoos tomorrow morning on the subway (and buses, and sidewalks, and restaurants...) telling all the 'dark folk' they need to get out of the country will be armed.

And probably still drunk.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Titan

Outside a Californian (I think) polling station there was a shooting leaving one dead and 3 injured.

But I just don’t understand why people would think he could run the country. He’s going to put the country back 12 yrs.

A female at my work first thing she said today was “Well I’m proud enough to say I’m happy he won. I just don’t like Hillary”. I didn’t want to freak out because, well it’s work. But it just is hard for me to see how anyone can like such a racist, sexist, lying, egotistical, person who hasn’t ever had any political experience. AND SHES FEMALE! I thought Hillary would have just locked up that gender because of what Trump did! How could someone vote in such a person with so low integrity to be your leader!?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    However, unlike Britain the day after Brexit, the wahoos tomorrow morning on the subway (and buses, and sidewalks, and restaurants...) telling all the 'dark folk' they need to get out of the country will be armed.

And probably still drunk.
    all those people were already in the usa before last night. its not like 200 million racists suddenly burst into existence due to election results.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Outside a Californian (I think) polling station there was a shooting leaving one dead and 3 injured.

But I just don’t understand why people would think he could run the country. He’s going to put the country back 12 yrs.

A female at my work first thing she said today was “Well I’m proud enough to say I’m happy he won. I just don’t like Hillary”. I didn’t want to freak out because, well it’s work. But it just is hard for me to see how anyone can like such a racist, sexist, lying, egotistical, person who hasn’t ever had any political experience. AND SHES FEMALE! I thought Hillary would have just locked up that gender because of what Trump did! How could someone vote in such a person with so low integrity to be your leader!?
    voting and politics is a total waste of time. this is why you need to treat it like a sporting event. i dont care about baseball either but i watched game 7 because of the drama and storyline. i woke up the next day and went on with my life after the cubs won. same thing here.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    voting and politics is a total waste of time. this is why you need to treat it like a sporting event. i dont care about baseball either but i watched game 7 because of the drama and storyline. i woke up the next day and went on with my life after the cubs won. same thing here.
    I don’t really care outside of what Trump has done to my RSPs and Stocks (bonus tho, gas might drop). But just as a person I don’t like Trump, and what he has said vs women I am very surprised that anyone can trust him enough to vote him, let alone him getting female votes.

As for not knowing too much into business, I don’t know enough to like Hillary vs Trump because they both did shady things accepting money. Hillary accepting donations or something by Russians then giving them an OK to buy a uranium mine or something. But then Trump was using the Trump Charity money to pay off his company’s debt and bought high end art for his office with that same money. Like neither are stand up citizens, but it just surprises me how he could still somehow have the woman vote.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Just crazy. I guess Hillary didn't insult enough people. I even heard Cliff Fletcher say "polls schmols" this morning.
    Seriously though, Trump better not disappoint his gun toting supporters. I don't think they are the type that will sit back and take it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I don’t really care outside of what Trump has done to my RSPs and Stocks (bonus tho, gas might drop). But just as a person I don’t like Trump, and what he has said vs women I am very surprised that anyone can trust him enough to vote him, let alone him getting female votes.

As for not knowing too much into business, I don’t know enough to like Hillary vs Trump because they both did shady things accepting money. Hillary accepting donations or something by Russians then giving them an OK to buy a uranium mine or something. But then Trump was using the Trump Charity money to pay off his company’s debt and bought high end art for his office with that same money. Like neither are stand up citizens, but it just surprises me how he could still somehow have the woman vote.
    unless you're 65 you should be happy about stocks going down. get to buy the dip.

this was the perfect election for people to vote a third party and yet they still couldnt do it. i dont see why anyone would ever bother running as a third party ever again. total waste of time like the rest of politics outside of entertainment a few times a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Just crazy. I guess Hillary didn't insult enough people. I even heard Cliff Fletcher say "polls schmols" this morning.
    Seriously though, Trump better not disappoint his gun toting supporters. I don't think they are the type that will sit back and take it.
    what are trumps supporters going to do when he doesnt do any of the stuff he said he was going to do? nothing. just like people do every time a politician totally ignores their promises like throughout all of history. they will vote someone else in and think they will get it right this time....hahaha. seriously. definition of insanity

Dobber Sports Wizard

Way too many people are uneducated and lack basic rational thought. It's a monumentally sad event in human history that someone like Trump was elected president.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well he is the first President to have 0 Political experience (I’m sure he has dealt with politics through business tho), and no military experience. So, there’s a first for the USA.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    all those people were already in the usa before last night. its not like 200 million racists suddenly burst into existence due to election results.
    Oh no of course not, they have always been there, they never left - the folks who were lynching black people 70 yrs ago had children, you know.

Trump is telling them it's ok to feel like that, to express it, they don't have to hide it anymore.

But it has always been there, have no illusions about that - Trump did not create anything - he is a reflection of the country.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin