Thread: Do I pick up E.Lindholm?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Do I pick up E.Lindholm?

I keep seeing Elias Lindholm(C/RW) listed as a buy low in the Ramblings and Forum chat.
    In my points only league he is sitting there as a UFA.
    He looks to be lining up at #1RW tonight.
    Do I have someone worth dropping to pick him up?

League and team details:
    12 Team, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,4BN
    C- Crosby, Giroux, Thornton, Wennberg
    RW- Kessel, Perry, Zuccarello, Coyle
    LW- Sedin, Marleau, Cammalleri, Marchessault
    D- Carlson, Pietrangelo, Vatanen, Gositisbehere, Green, Severson
    G- Price, Elliott
    Bench- Markov, Kadri, Vanek, Hellebuyck
    IR- Huberdeau, E.Kane
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Do I pick up E.Lindholm?

I don't see any forwards on your roster that I would drop for Lindholm at this time.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

No, I'd stick with your roster. He has started slowly and will likely be available for the forseeable future if you need to revisit
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No, none of your Forwards are worth dropping for him.

The Great One

Good thinking, but not the right time (at least not yet) nor do you have the need (at least not yet).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I also say no.
    Though I had big expectations (myself) for Elias Lindholm this year... he's being bitten by something very common: adjusting to NHL-center.

Some players, some coaches, have different expectations for guys slotting into NHL center.
    Sometimes they are given a green light to just "play their way".
    Sometimes the coach wants them to "focus on defensive work"... and let their offensive game come later.

I've seen Lindholm (Canes) play a few times.
    He's not "loose" - you can feel like you see him "thinking" out there.
    It's a positive that he's still getting a good amount of PPTOI... but I've now adjusted that THIS YEAR will NOT be a good year for him - since he's adjusting to NHL-C.
    I'm actually very close to dropping him in one league (RHRS) where I reached for him.

Sort of the same thing that squashed MacKinnon's production in Year#2.

He's developing as an NHL player.
    In the long-run (keeper leagues), this year is a good building block for him.
    But I don't think the stats will be there, this year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I owned Lindholm from his draft year until last week. I waited, and watched, and waited, and took the advice to be patient. Lost my patience this year and dropped him. He hasn't gotten a point since and I feel like it was the right time to give up.

He's officially in my "bust" category and will never be on my team except in perhaps the deepest of leagues.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Wizard

Assuming this is a keeper league and you can keep him, I would be willing to drop any of (in order) Vanek, Cammalleri or Marleau. He might not out-produce them this year but he won't be far either and his upside is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    I owned Lindholm from his draft year until last week. I waited, and watched, and waited, and took the advice to be patient. Lost my patience this year and dropped him. He hasn't gotten a point since and I feel like it was the right time to give up.

He's officially in my "bust" category and will never be on my team except in perhaps the deepest of leagues.
    LOL, labeling a 21-year-old as bust is way too early, especially when he has shown no signs of being a bust. He's played on a horrible team and still managed to get decent production. He hasn't really had any offensive support around him but he's good enough to carry that team in a few years. This year he's also learning to play the center position in the NHL as Pengwin7 described.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Agree to disagree then. I'll wait for him to break 40 points, call me in 2022.
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by beatnik_uwo View Post
    Agree to disagree then. I'll wait for him to break 40 points, call me in 2022.
    Less than 5 months later, and Lindholm has 43 points in 65 games.

I just had to dig up this thread as an example of why it's just way too early to give up on 21-year-old youngsters.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Less than 5 months later, and Lindholm has 43 points in 65 games.

I just had to dig up this thread as an example of why it's just way too early to give up on 21-year-old youngsters.
    He looks like a star right now. If he hits the floor running next year he's going to be a tremendous fantasy player. Top 50 in peripheral leagues. Going by per game avg., he's the 24th ranked player on the season, the 3rd ranked player in the past 30 days and the 2nd ranked player over the past two weeks. If you take his avg stats and prorate them for next year, he did rank top 25 in total value on the year. He shouldn't be unowned in any league.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

He was put on waivers twice early in the season in my one keeper pool, where the last place guy claimed him then dropped him 2 weeks later so I was lucky to get him on the second waiver claim. Should help me contend next season as he has a cheap contract in this keeper auction league. youing guys need time to figure out the league sometimes.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

People said this last year too. Same with Victor Rask. Once both guys get past how streaky they are, they will be awesome. Lindholm seems to be finding consistency now.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    People said this last year too. Same with Victor Rask. Once both guys get past how streaky they are, they will be awesome. Lindholm seems to be finding consistency now.
    Still think Rask could be that good? I had hope earlier in the season. But I'm not as comfortable that he will end his streakiness as I am that Lindholm has or will.

Sometimes I think Rask looks like a PPg player. Which of course is a generous projection. But other times he looks like a 35 point player so it's tough.

I do think he could get near 50 in many years. I'm just not sure he could surpass that.

Hopefully.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Still think Rask could be that good? I had hope earlier in the season. But I'm not as comfortable that he will end his streakiness as I am that Lindholm has or will.

Sometimes I think Rask looks like a PPg player. Which of course is a generous projection. But other times he looks like a 35 point player so it's tough.

I do think he could get near 50 in many years. I'm just not sure he could surpass that.

Hopefully.
    Lindholm always had a higher ceiling. But Rask was doing nicely and always caught my eye. but he has confidence issues, gas tank issues and holds his stick too tightly when he is overthinking things.

If he can get by the confidence issues and resort to playing a simple steady game when he is feeling down the dumps, he can be a 60-65 point player.

Lindholm had a run like this last year too, but then fell off a bit. this year he looked like the same thing was happening, but then he caught again, and his consistency issues has minimized.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G