Thread: Jacob Trouba contract

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Jacob Trouba contract

Hi guys,

Want to ask for your advice. J. Trouba is in my league's free agents, want to take him in A. Larsson spot, but don't understand what happens with his contract negotiation.
    Read some news, that it's in progress but it's all, I can't find much more info about it.
    What you think, when he could be back in NHL ? Is it happens only some days before deadline day, 1. Dec., or earlier ?
    Head-to-Head league, 16 teams, one year
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 2IR+
    Stats categories:
    • Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    • Goalies: W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

F: M. Zibanejad, N. Kadri, R. Nugent-Hopkins, E. Haula, P. Kane, K. Palmieri, D. Perron
    D: J. Carlson, J. Klingberg, J. Muzzin, N. Pionk, E. Gustafsson, E. Johnson
    G: P. Rinne, T. Jarry, A. Raanta
    IR+: R. Rakell, O. Bjorkstrand

Thanks,
    Toms.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jacob Trouba contract

The news I am hearing is that there is no action happening on his new contract at all. I am sure as the Dec 1st deadline gets closer there will be more action but until then, I don't think the Jets are in any hurry at all. The Dec 1st deadline is the deadline for him to be signed if he wants to play in the NHL this year.

The Jets want what they want for him and haven't wavered on that price yet. Obviously teams aren't ponying up that price, which from what I hear is a left-handed shooting Jacob Trouba.

I don't foresee any changes anytime soon on the Trouba front so I'd hang on to Larsson for now. If he's still a FA come mid-November then I may consider taking a chance on him, but this could take longer than you want to. I see Trouba wasting a spot on your bench for the next month and a half.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah, seems you're right. That was my plan, to take Trouba earlier and wait for contract, but if only it's happens soon, because like you said, it's too long time to play with not active player in roster.
    Then if it will only happening in late-November, then it's not yet worth it to take Trouba. Just need to watch situation.
    Thanks for your advice!
    Stats categories:

F: M. Zibanejad, N. Kadri, R. Nugent-Hopkins, E. Haula, P. Kane, K. Palmieri, D. Perron

Thanks,
    Toms.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Axeman33, want to ask one more question..
    How could you order my all Ds, depending on my league type ?
    In free agents there is M. Del Zotto, he's progressing with his injury and will be back soon. How you think, he's better than my worst D and it's worth to pick him at moment for IR+ spot ?
    Stats categories:

Thanks,
    Toms.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Del Zotto is behind the kids in Philly now. I don't see much value in him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

the other issue you have with Trouba, even if he comes back now, is that you have no idea what you are going to get from him as he will be off the pace... personally I look elsewhere for help if possible
    Experience is the teacher of all things.