Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bernier back to L.A?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Bernier back to L.A?

I cannot see them getting Mason. he has won the starting job back. Which I figured would happen all summer.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think ANA actually is/should enjoy shoving Bernier in the faces of LA... and keeps him there just for that! (not really, but they surely won't trade him)
    CAR might be the ANA dance partner. They've already shown they can be the Yotes of the East and take on contract (Bickell) if they also get an asset (Teravainen).
    I wonder if CAR would take on another bad contract (last 2-years of Stoner @ $3.25m) if they can get another young asset (sim. TT).
    **I think it would leave a sour taste in some people's mouths for CAR to mail-in the season already... but they aren't too far from considering it, methinks.**

I think LA rolls with Budaj until he breaks... like MON did with Condon last year.
    Unlike other teams patching in crappy back-ups, LA is such a good possession team that they can shelter Budaj a bit.
    I mean... he's 3-0 (great)... with a 2.31gaa (great)... on a .893sv% (awful).
    That's the statistical equivalent of getting away with a crappy back-up because they limit shots against.

FWIW - gotta love Budaj.
    2015-2016 AHL Stats: 42W-14L (Ontario Reign)
    2014-2015 AHL Stats: 0W-9L (St.John's Ice Caps)
    Sometimes... it's just a change of scenery that can turn a player from bad-to-good (or vice-versa *cough*F.Anderson*cough*)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Lol. Any update?
    Day to day...they recalled Tokarski in the interim.