Thread: Who To Drop

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Who To Drop

So the team in question right now is my Yahoo league keep 5 in my sig. Each night we dress 2C, 2Rw, 2Lw, 4D 2 UTI and 2 goalie

With Crosby coming back soon hopefully and I have Abdelkader on the IR+ atm as well. Lets say my team is fully healthy this week or very soon who would you guys drop out of this current group (a few of the guys I name are just FA pickups and I didn't list them on my team) I would look for another goalie but none are really worth grabbing atm unless Rask is out long.

Anders Lee (averaging only 12 min which will limit his offense, although he is LW and will provide hits and PIMS decently)

Ekholm (hasn't done much yet but he could be a solid 6th d to fill in some peripherals since my blocks are lower and he could play more with 4 d spots/2UTI)

Elias Lindholm (slow start, so far has been good on the peripherals, I was banking on more offense from him this year with solid hits/shots/ppp but bad +/-)

Marchessault (just picked him up, figure he will get winger eligibility at some point and he is getting prime minutes on a good young team... C only as of now and how long can his hot streak last)

Just curious as to what TWO guys you would drop and reasoning behind it if possible . Rank all 4 if you want lol

Thanks in advance!
    2nd year 12 team H2H - Keep 10 - G, A , +/-, Pims, SOG, Hits, Blocks, STP Wins, GAA, SV% SVs
    C: Seguin, Jenner
    LW: Benn, Pacioretty,
    RW: Simmonds, Wheeler, Palmieri
    D: Krug, Provorov, Werenski
    G: Rask, Dubnyk,
    Prospects: McAvoy, Chabot, Jost, Keller, Shesterkin

5th year 12 Team H2H - Keep 5 Cats^
    C: Crosby, Tavares, Backstrom
    LW: Laine,
    RW: Wheeler
    D:, Krug, Werenski,
    G: Jones, Rask,

League Champ 2013, 2014

The Great One

Default Re: Who To Drop

I would probably drop Abdelkader as he has dropped down the line up. Then I probably go with Lindholm or Lee and probably go Lindholm as Lee does provide cross category production
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with Sulla on the top three options to drop, though I like Lindholm a touch more than Lee.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Hmm interesting on Abdelkader, I think I will give him a longer leash than the others due to his dual winger positioning and higher volume of hits/PIMS (I hope)

I think it looks like you guys narrowed it down to Lee/Lindholm. Lindholm probably won't be picked up but I can see Lee getting grabbed since he has been top 140 ranked the past two years in my stats.

Thanks for your suggestions
    2nd year 12 team H2H - Keep 10 - G, A , +/-, Pims, SOG, Hits, Blocks, STP Wins, GAA, SV% SVs

League Champ 2013, 2014

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I drop Abdelkader first, and then probably Lee. I assume Ekholm is on the 2nd team in your sig in blue.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Even with PIMs/Hits and dual winger you would drop Abdelkader over Lee first who is only getting 12 minutes a game compared to Abdels 15+?

And yes Ekholm is on the team in blue, hasn't produced much yet offensively but hes playing a lot and on the top PP it looks like. Crosby looks about ready to come back. Although depending on whats wrong with Rask I may have to put him on IR for a bit so I may be able to make a 2-1 type trade without dropping one straight up.