Thread: Who to drop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to drop

Hi all, with Schwartz coming off IR yesterday, I am now 1.011 million over our salary cap and need to make a move. Strome, Theodore, Ekbald, Hutton and Vasilevskiy can be moved down to my farm team, but to do that I need to drop someone. My initial thoughts are to drop Armalis and move Vasilevskiy down to the farm. The downside is that once I move the player down, I cannot call him up again for the remainder of this season. However, with Holtby and Jones, I am pretty set with my goaltending and I don't think Vasilevskiy will have a big impact until next year. Given my team in the signature, what move would you make?
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Who to drop

Armalis is the easy drop, and it's not even close.

If that's Dylan Strome, I would probably demote him. It doesn't look like he will have huge impact this season. Then again, same could be said about Theodore. And you're also right that you don't really need Vasilevskiy, so you have some options there.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would move Theodore down. with expectation that Lindholm signs eventually... then That would put another D man in the mix in Anaheim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post

If that's Dylan Strome, I would probably demote him. It doesn't look like he will have huge impact this season. Then again, same could be said about Theodore. And you're also right that you don't really need Vasilevskiy, so you have some options there.
    And this!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes it is Dylan Strome. I was thinking that, but then, I do have to move someone up. The biggest contributor this season is probably Vesey, but he has a bigger cap hit than Strome. Theodore is on my main roster only because he is cheap and I don't have room on the farm. I suppose another strategy is move Strome to the farm and bring up Montour but he would never play this year, it is just because he is the cheapest player I have on my farm. This way I wouldn't have to drop anyone.

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by pdel21 View Post
    Yes it is Dylan Strome. I was thinking that, but then, I do have to move someone up. The biggest contributor this season is probably Vesey, but he has a bigger cap hit than Strome. Theodore is on my main roster only because he is cheap and I don't have room on the farm. I suppose another strategy is move Strome to the farm and bring up Montour but he would never play this year, it is just because he is the cheapest player I have on my farm. This way I wouldn't have to drop anyone.
    Why aren't you making trades? Don't keep AHL players on your pro team, trade someone to create enough cap space to promote the players who actually play in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why aren't you making trades? Don't keep AHL players on your pro team, trade someone to create enough cap space to promote the players who actually play in the NHL.
    I would trade if someone would trade at this point in my league, but everyone is in a wait and see mode unfortunately since it is very early, plus they are all close to the cap meaning that the players I'd like to trade most, they won't want (I have tried this already). I made plenty of trades this off season as I was miles above the cap.

Players
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny

The Great One

Amarallis to cut and Theodore to go down
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Ace

I must be slipping, I had to google Armalis TWICE. Thanks to Sulla mispelling it, I found out about the amaryllis flower. Then once I went with OP's spelling I found out that Armalis a Lithuanian goalie.

To answer the OP's question...definitely drop Armalis, hardly anybody will know who he is and if his numbers creep up to respectability, you can pick him up again then...heh heh.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,