Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is my Fantasy Football Commish Shady?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Is my Fantasy Football Commish Shady?

Right, just checked the dates in the activity feed, my mistake. Definitely something I'd discuss... From a football standpoint, you getting one of Brown, JJ, OBJ, or an elite RB. He probably valued them all very similarly and then wanted the BPA on round two. I love the 4-6 spot in hockey for that reason. At least worth looking into...
    Main Squad: H2H Multicat Points
    10 Team 16 Keepers

G:3 A:2 +/-:1 PPP:0.5 PIM:0.25 Shot:0.2 Hit:0.2 Block:0.2
    W:3 SV:0.2 GA:-1 SO:3

3C 3LW 3RW 5D 2G 5 BENCH 2IR

C: Crosby, Malkin, Giroux, Getzlaf, Barkov
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Landeskog, E. Kane
    RW: Kessel, Perry, Hudler, Atkinson
    D: Letang, Carlson, Yandle, Rielly, Leddy
    G: Schneider, Rask, Anderson

Prospects (5)
    Vasilevski Burakovsky Bjorkstrand Dvorak Chychrun

Dobber Sports Immortal

What does he say when people question him??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The fact that he seems to have buried the moves SMACKS of shadiness.

This is a league I wouldn't be coming back for. And if it's really a friend, as you said in your OP, I'd look at that friendship too. If he's gonna cheat you out of money in fantasy sports, that's not a good friend.

Life Lessons, by SuperMario.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What does he say when people question him??
    Denies denies denies
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

If this is a one time thing. No big whoop. However, if this is a pattern of behavior, it's very shady and he's attempting to hide it under the guise of random excuses.
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Perhaps but it's done now. The important thing is that there is something put into place from now on. If it's agreed to make it random, then it should be available to everyone prior to it being updated on the system. The best way IMO, and I believe it was suggested earlier in this thread, is that you use a site that sends emails to everyone in the league as soon as it's randomised. I use fftoolbox for my leagues and it's worked well. It's also provides a link to the results so everyone can verify it. Furthermore, not only do the emails get sent, but I post the order on the Commish note so it's there permanently (in case people have trouble accessing emails).

I'm surprised that nobody asked to have it confirmed prior to being inputted on the system. Lesson learned.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Perhaps but it's done now. The important thing is that there is something put into place from now on. If it's agreed to make it random, then it should be available to everyone prior to it being updated on the system. The best way IMO, and I believe it was suggested earlier in this thread, is that you use a site that sends emails to everyone in the league as soon as it's randomised. I use fftoolbox for my leagues and it's worked well. It's also provides a link to the results so everyone can verify it. Furthermore, not only do the emails get sent, but I post the order on the Commish note so it's there permanently (in case people have trouble accessing emails).

I'm surprised that nobody asked to have it confirmed prior to being inputted on the system. Lesson learned.
    It was all buried in the league activity section so no one noticed it until recently. We had a keeper league draft at (lets say) 1pm, and then at 3pm (right after draft 1) this money league started. So a lot of us were preoccupied with the keeper league draft as both are the same setup points wise.

I’m just not going to do a money league with this commish running the league again. His dad and him are in most of the leagues I’m in and they always do shitty trades between each other. It’s mostly because he can actually talk to his dad in person and his dad is slow at replying to emails from us. So this was just another thing that made me dislike this guy as a commish. But this time it’s with money so it’s something I just couldn’t brush off.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It was all buried in the league activity section so no one noticed it until recently. We had a keeper league draft at (lets say) 1pm, and then at 3pm (right after draft 1) this money league started. So a lot of us were preoccupied with the keeper league draft as both are the same setup points wise.

I’m just not going to do a money league with this commish running the league again. His dad and him are in most of the leagues I’m in and they always do shitty trades between each other. It’s mostly because he can actually talk to his dad in person and his dad is slow at replying to emails from us. So this was just another thing that made me dislike this guy as a commish. But this time it’s with money so it’s something I just couldn’t brush off.
    While I understand communicating more with someone you see or even know better....i ALWAYS look for the best deal for my team first. Never understood "just going with it because it's there" mentality. We had a 3 sport fantasy league setup for a couple years but it eventually fell apart because 3 or 4 of the guys knew each other real well and would get together on a Friday night and magically 3 trades would go through.....no one else was ever considered.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I dont like when people do things behind closed doors... even if it is fair it can seem shady. Just asking for headaches

When i set the order of the draft in my league i
    - used a screen recording program
    - they saw me post on the shoutbox " im running the draft randomizer now"
    - i googled what time is it ( to prove time stamp)
    - went to the site, manually typed in all the names, showed setting and hit randomize

that way people see everyone has 1 ball, and saw every step. I didnt receive one complaint . Hell i received compliments because i had some youtube soundtrack of dramatic music in the background lol

Dobber Sports Superstar

Really doesn't sound like a gut you want to be in leagues with, let alone consider a friend. You don't need people like that in your life.