Thread: Music: White Lies; any of you out there know/listen to their music?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Music: White Lies; any of you out there know/listen to their music?

Hey gang, I've been a White Lies http://whitelies.com/ fan since their first album came out back in '09 (To Lose My Life). Their newest and 4th album, Friends, just came out on iTunes a week or-so ago and I can't stop listening to it. It's not like their other 3 albums as this one is a tad slower and focuses on heavy synth sounds with an 80's vibe to it. Anyways, I was talking about it to my friends recently (and in the past for their other albums) and no one seems to know them. Any of you out there know them and enjoy their music?

They are from the UK and typically tour in Europe but if you have never heard of them and like classics from Joy Division, Morrison and Depeche Mode, you gotta give these guys a try! Their 1st and 4th albums are the best IMO as pretty much every song on them is epic but the 2 other albums have a few gems on them as well.

In case you want to browse them on Youtube, here are some links to 3 of their full albums (I bought all their albums but I'm glad they allow their music to be heard by everyone for free on stream sites and Youtube; especially when I'm on the go or at work):

To Lose My Life (1st)

Big TV (3rd)

Friends (4th)

Bonus: here is arguably the best song from the 2nd album: Bigger Than Us
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Music: White Lies; any of you out there know/listen to their music?

Cool, I'll have to check it out. I liked a lot of stuff off their first album, the second one I didn't care for, never really gave it a chance and didn't even know they had a third or fourth.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Music: White Lies; any of you out there know/listen to their music?

Sure, I love White Lies. There're so many great bands from UK, like Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs...