Thread: Trade Construction?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trade Construction?

I have another owner (team below) who wants to work out a deal involving one of my goalies (Holtby or Bishop). I won the league last year but mortgaged a lot of picks in doing so, so my depth could use improvement (second team in signature). He is also willing to part with any of his goalies (Schneider/Dubnyk) plus as part of the deal. Having trouble coming up with a combination that would make sense for both of us. Would appreciate any ideas?

C - Stamkos, Pavelski (C,RW), Johansen, Barkov
    LW - Forsberg (LW/RW), Erickson (LW/RW), Landeskog
    RW - Tarasenko, Hossa, Backes
    D - Subban, Suter, Vatanan, Vlasic
    G - Schneider, Dubnyk, Varlamov
    12 team keeper league - count top 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G - points only, goalies (W +1, SO +2, SV +0.1, GA -1). Keep 8 + 1 Goalie.
    C - Pavelski, Backstrom, Kopitar
    LW - Ovechkin, P. Kane, Gaudreau
    RW - Giroux
    D - Gostisbere
    G - Fleury

10 team keeper league - roto, start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1U, 2G - Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, S%, SO
    C - Tavares, T. Johnson, Stepan, Kreijci, Hertl, Bennett
    LW - Hall, Ladd, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW - Kucherov, Silfverberg, Duclair
    D - Burns, Barrie, Hamilton, Rielly, Klefbolm, A. Larsson
    G - Holtby, Bishop

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade Construction?

Your RW needs the most help, so I would target Tank or Pavelski (maybe Forsberg as a secondary option). Bishop is the one to move if you can pull it off instead of Holtby. I would also prefer Schneider coming back.
    So Tank, Schneider for Bishop, _____.
    Tyler Johnson is the name that seems to make the most sense from your end, but I don't think he would go for it. Yo could start there. Maybe add in Klefbom on top of it and make it a 3 for 2.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you could get Tank and Schneider for Bishop you'll be laughing but I doubt he'll go for that. I agree with Eskimo that Bishop is the one you should move.. and seeing as Schneider isn't a significant downgrade, any of Tank, Stamkos, Pavelski, or Forsberg would be an absolute steal. I'd personally even do it for Schneider plus any of Subban or Johansen.

You have a lot of options to send back to him as well. I would say anyone but Tavares, Hall, Lucic, Kane, Kutch, Burns, Barrie, Hamilton, Reilly. He's the one pushing the trade so he can't expect a crazy return.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Seeler View Post
    I have another owner (team below) who wants to work out a deal involving one of my goalies (Holtby or Bishop). I won the league last year but mortgaged a lot of picks in doing so, so my depth could use improvement (second team in signature). He is also willing to part with any of his goalies (Schneider/Dubnyk) plus as part of the deal. Having trouble coming up with a combination that would make sense for both of us. Would appreciate any ideas?

C - Stamkos, Pavelski (C,RW), Johansen, Barkov
    LW - Forsberg (LW/RW), Erickson (LW/RW), Landeskog
    RW - Tarasenko, Hossa, Backes
    D - Subban, Suter, Vatanan, Vlasic
    G - Schneider, Dubnyk, Varlamov
    If the other manager approached you I would ask that they send you an offer to start and then potentially negotiate. It keeps you in the driver's seat and it gives you an idea on how he values players. Furthermore, a general suggestion is to keep it focused i.e. don't let the offers get out of control (too many players) and don't settle for less than you want. You have the player he seeks - stay in control. His initial offer may help give you an insight on who you can target if there is room to negotiate. Don't force it.

Yeah, his trade offer was Schneider and Ericksson for Holtby. Not sure we're going to be in the same ballpark but I may ask to see what he needs for Tarasenko, Pavelski or Forsberg.
    12 team keeper league - count top 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G - points only, goalies (W +1, SO +2, SV +0.1, GA -1). Keep 8 + 1 Goalie.
    C - Pavelski, Backstrom, Kopitar
    LW - Ovechkin, P. Kane, Gaudreau
    RW - Giroux
    D - Gostisbere
    G - Fleury

10 team keeper league - roto, start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1U, 2G - Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, S%, SO
    C - Tavares, T. Johnson, Stepan, Kreijci, Hertl, Bennett
    LW - Hall, Ladd, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW - Kucherov, Silfverberg, Duclair
    D - Burns, Barrie, Hamilton, Rielly, Klefbolm, A. Larsson
    G - Holtby, Bishop

Dobber Sports Titan

Schneider and Forsberg might have been a more realistic spot for him to start.
    Don't feel forced into anything.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Seeler View Post
    Yeah, his trade offer was Schneider and Ericksson for Holtby. Not sure we're going to be in the same ballpark but I may ask to see what he needs for Tarasenko, Pavelski or Forsberg.
    I'm not sure if asking for those guys are going to help your depth, as he would likely come back with asking for Kucherov or Hall. Then I feel it'll be more of a winger/goalie swap with a small upgrade/downgrade on either side, rather than significantly filling a need.

Just curious, what RW are available in free agency? Looking at your league and roster size, I wonder if that could help your depth and enable you to keep Holtby.

Yeah I defintely will be adding at least one or two of these guys: Sharp, Johansson, Stempniak, Niederreiter, Coyle, Smith, Parenteau, Pominville, Iginla.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Jedi

He's the one inquiring with you. Don't drop your price to make a deal. Make sure you're getting what you need to be CONVINCED to trade a player here. If he won't pay what you're asking. Sit on 2 of the 3 best goalies in the NHL. Why accommodate?

You pay or I stay. Simple
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4