Thread: Dynasty team rebuilding tips?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dynasty team rebuilding tips?

Hello there! I took control of this team something like week ago and already have made some moves. It was full of old players and i started rebuilding it. here is what you need to know first:

League:

• 20 teams, 23 player roster. 4LW/4C/4RW/6D/2G/3 Bench + Farm team system (you can keep your drafted prospects in waivers until they have played 82 games in NHL and no one can pick them up)
    • H2H categories. Skaters: G/A/PPP/+-/HITS/Blocks/SOG/PIM/FW. Goalies: W/GAA/S%/SV/SHO
    • Full Yahoo keeper league. Draft 3 rounds every year. Also can stash players in NA if they have played at least one game for me.
    • Waivers:FAAB with continual rolling list tiebreak
    • Legue has rolled for 3 years so waivers still have some undrafted players.

My Roster:

• ​C- Trocheck/Spooner/Marchessault/Bonino/Colborne

• LW- Vanek(lw,rw)/Lehkonen/Lucic/Kunitz/L.Stempniak(lw,rw)
    • RW- S.Reinhart(c,rw)/Parenteau//J.Virtanen/M.Read/M.Frolik(c,rw)
    • D- Werenski/C.Franson/J.McCabe/N.Holden/C.Miller/M.Ekholm
    • G- C.Schneider/Aaron Dell
    • IR- Adam McQuad
    • NA- B.Boyes/J.Tlusty/R.Berra

Prospects:

• C- Trent Frederic (BOS)
    • C- Pascal Laberge (PHI)
    • LW- Anthony Beauvillier (NYI)
    • RW- Zach Senyshyn (BOS)
    • D- Jakub Zboril (BOS)
    • D- Joel Edmundson (STL)
    • D- Dante Fabbro (NSH)

Extra picks 2017 draft:1st and a 2nd rounder.

So its my first keeper team and i could use some advice to get started. I started rebuilding it by trading some older guys away already. All tips in general are welcome especially about trades but i have some questions:

1. Should i pick up Edmundson from Waivers before he has played 82 games (69 now i think) to keep rights to him?
    2. How would you rate each of my prospects? I have done some research but still extra info is always welcome.
    3. Who are the Goalies i should try to trade for during rebuild other than: Vasilievsky, Husso, Saros?
    4. Would you trade Beuvillier -> Malcolm Subban?
    5. Who to drop when McQuad is back on ice?
    6. How heavily would you invest on the 2017 draft? Is it another strong rookie year coming?
    7. Best sites to look for info? Currently im using: LeftWingLock, Dobber, Rotowire, r/fantasyhockey and DailyFaceOff
    8. Would you pick any of these guys from the waivers and if you would who should i drop?

• Brandon Carlo
    • Beau Bennett
    • Markus Granlund
    • Gustav Forsling
    • Mike Condon
    • P.Budaj
    • C.McElhinney
    • M.Mazanec
    • K.Kinkaid
    • A.Khudobin

It's a lot of questions but if you have any input on any of the questions or in general i would be really thankful for you replies

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Dynasty team rebuilding tips?

I would grab Forsling as prospect. Already starting to play - future PP Qb
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Titan

1. Edmundson is pretty much even value with some of your other D. See if you can make a deal trading one of them away to make room.
    2. Edmundson is there and doing decently well. Zboril, Senyshyn, Beauvillier and Fabbro are your next tier that are either high ceiling projects or have a solid floor and are closer to the NHL. Hopefully Laberge and Fredric pan out for you too.
    3. Any of the young guys you can get cheep. Sorokin, Samsonov, Murray (you won't get cheep), Comrie, Jarry, etc.
    4. I probably wouldn't. Subban seems to have started spinning his tires and should have taken another step by now.
    5. Possibly just McQuaid.
    6. I have heard it's a lower quality top to bottom than 2016, but 2016 was supposed to be fantastic. So I would say average to good, but not excellent.
    7. Dobber is the only one I use.
    8. Forsling is the only one worth grabbing there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

The biggest advice I can give to someone trying to rebuild in a deep league is to acquire assets. By this I mean, never trade 1 guy for 1 guy even if that guy is younger. You want to trade your 1 veteran guy for 2 younger guys or 1 younger guy and a draft pick. Try to pick up as many darts as you can so that way even when some of the prospects you get miss, you are still further ahead.

I think the 2017 NHL draft is going to be one of the worst ones in years. In my 30 team dynasty league, I have already moved my 2017 1st rounder for a 2018 1st and an extra pick.