Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Pavelec to Kings

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [Rumor] Pavelec to Kings

Jets have two real depth problems right now: centre (given Little's injury) and defence (because of the Trouba holdout).

Trading Pavelec may get a return of a depth player at either position. It won't be a home run but they need somebody who can play either 3rd or 4th line minutes at centre or bottom 3rd pairing defence minutes immediately.

If Lombardi is making enquiries then the Chevy would be bonkers to stay the course with Pavelec playing in the minors and taking starts from Eric Comrie.
    WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER! (2006, 2011, 2015)
    Yahoo! Limited Keeper (Keep 1C, 1LW, 1RW, 1D, 1G annually; no player is permitted to be protected as a keeper for a period longer than three consecutive years) 10-team H2H League/Daily Starts (# in brackets)
    Centre (2): Scheifele, Seguin, Toews
    Right Wing (2): Laine (LW/RW) Lindholm (C/RW), Gallagher
    Left Wing (2): Tkachuk, Mantha (LW/RW), Lee, Gusev
    Defense (4): Ristolainen, Doughty, Gustafsson, Gostisbehere, Byfuglien
    Utility (1): Haula (C/LW)
    Goalie (2): Andersen, Dubnyk, Raanta
    IR:
    Skater Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, PIMS, SOG, FOW, Hits, BKS
    Goalie Stats: W, SV%, GAA, SO

Dobber Sports Star

I can't understand how LA and Isles aren't a perfect fit. They have 3 goalies, one of which the Kings are very familiar with, unless they have and Snow is trying to unload Halak and his $$$ instead.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How's that Lucic deal working out for you Deaner? Lol.

This GM is a tire fire.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I can't understand how LA and Isles aren't a perfect fit. They have 3 goalies, one of which the Kings are very familiar with, unless they have and Snow is trying to unload Halak and his $$$ instead.
    Paves is a much better fit. They only need him for a half-season and his contract expires after this season. Add to that the fact that 'Peg would be willing to absorb at least some of it on the theory that paying half his salary is better than paying all of it.

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Completely agree. Neither Pavelec nor Greiss have term on their contracts. The latter carries a lower cap hit this season so he's likely more attractive to Lombardi if the Kings will make a move.

Given Halak's injury history, Snow may be reluctant to move Greiss because Berube may not be ready to be the no. 1 when Halak inevitably hurts himself crossing the street to make it to morning practice.
    Yahoo! Limited Keeper (Keep 1C, 1LW, 1RW, 1D, 1G annually; no player is permitted to be protected as a keeper for a period longer than three consecutive years) 10-team H2H League/Daily Starts (# in brackets)
    IR:

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post
    Completely agree. Neither Pavelec nor Greiss have term on their contracts. The latter carries a lower cap hit this season so he's likely more attractive to Lombardi if the Kings will make a move.

Given Halak's injury history, Snow may be reluctant to move Greiss because Berube may not be ready to be the no. 1 when Halak inevitably hurts himself crossing the street to make it to morning practice.

...Snow also doesn't have a right-shot 22 year old D man unwilling to play for him. Considering Lombardi's history of brain cramps, Chevy may see this as an opening for a multi-player trade that wrenches a couple of pieces lose from the Kings. Seems unlikely, but a Jets fan can dream.
    IR:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by markpiel View Post

I don't see Snow being eager to part with Greiss for precisely that reason - he needs a reliable backup behind Halak. And the Kings certainly don't want Halak.
    But I suppose dumber things have happened.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Expert

If I'm Chevy and the Kings want Pavelec, I'm making sure I get a good asset in return. Especially if the Jets have to retain money. Scuderi isn't a good asset. Jets need help on the left-side of their defense.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

I wouldn't be surprised to see Neuvirth end up in LA as an option to Pavelec as well
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

J.F Berube would be a decent cheap option. He has done pretty good in a limited capacity and at 25 years old, it's not like he's just coming out of junior into the big leagues. Here is a recent article: http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ube-1.12460575
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Of course I'm no expert in this matter but I don't think that's how LTIR works. I think they can go over the cap while Quick is on LTIR but when he returns, they would be way over the cap. If someone has better information, then please share that.
    I believe LTIR is prorated over the term the player is out. My understanding is that every player is "paid" salary against the cap for each game played with that contract on the roster and that slowly drains your cap allowance for the season (isn't a lump sum taken out at the beginning/end of the season). When a player is injured, your free cap account continues to be drawn from until it is $0 and then you can tap your LTIR allowance, which is based on the player's per game salary over the number of games they are assigned to LTIR. https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Maybe misunderstanding that, so happy for the feedback if that's the case

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by habs7079 View Post
    I believe LTIR is prorated over the term the player is out. My understanding is that every player is "paid" salary against the cap for each game played with that contract on the roster and that slowly drains your cap allowance for the season (isn't a lump sum taken out at the beginning/end of the season). When a player is injured, your free cap account continues to be drawn from until it is $0 and then you can tap your LTIR allowance, which is based on the player's per game salary over the number of games they are assigned to LTIR. https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

Maybe misunderstanding that, so happy for the feedback if that's the case
    This is from the link you provided:

When a player is placed on LTIR, their cap hit technically remains on the teams cap payroll and it continues to count as it always did. It also does not provide the club with additional cap-space savings that can be banked for future use while the team operates below the salary cap. Instead, LTIR provides relief if the club's averaged club salary, or payroll, begins to exceed the upper limit.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    If I'm Chevy and the Kings want Pavelec, I'm making sure I get a good asset in return. Especially if the Jets have to retain money. Scuderi isn't a good asset. Jets need help on the left-side of their defense.
    So you'd rather pay Pavelec four million to sit in the minors and take away development time from Comrie, than pay him $2 million to go away? That seems short sighted to me especially given that Pavelec isn't good enough to make back up in Winnipeg. This could be the only change the Jets get to move him. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if LA passes on Pavelec even if Winnipeg picks up 50 percent of his salary

Administrator

I imagine the Kings could fit Pavelec without the Jets needing to retain much salary since they will be saving on the cap with Quick hitting LTIR.

On the Jets side, they wouldn't necessarily need a player back. They could gain a pick(s) instead and use that pick or others to acquire depth from somewhere else. Being able to get something for a goalie they and no one else wanted (remember, Pavelec cleared waivers) is a win.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

What happens if a team ends over cap? What's the penalty?
    Are they disqualified from the playoffs for being over capped lol

It's probably a fine against next years cap right?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24